#1 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 02:51 PM

You might remember me writing in about a Bolens garden tractor that I found in the weeds at a friends house. Well..... I talked to him today about it, he said it's his son's (his son is in his late 20's) and he will half to talk to him about it. At one point he thought about throwing it in the scrap and hauling it in, but his son wanted it. Although it has been sitting for at least 8 years so I am hoping he will want to get rid of it.

I went and looked at it, it is a HT23, with mower deck and wheel weights, it looks in pretty decent shape considering it's been sitting for so long. He said he was thinking one head was stripped out so the spark plug wouldn't stay in???

I'm hoping he is going to want to sell it!

This would be a very handy machine to have!!!

• tractorgarden, PappyH and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 09:07 PM

Wow, They are a great machine....good luck.

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 07:15 AM

Good luck getting it.

#4 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 08:52 AM

Probably be like everyone else in the world, and say he is going to restore it and then it will be sitting there when we are all dead and buried.

Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, but people drive me nuts.  I've seen so many cars, trucks, tractors, bikes, ect go to hell because people are going to "restore" them and they sit there forever.

#5 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted March 10, 2014 - 09:00 AM

Good luck !!  Hope you can work somthing  out..  If I came home with another tractor,,,,  The wife would be PISSED...Even if for free..

I have a small yard and no room for tractors lying around.  I could take one to the farm up north but then it's hard to work on them at will...  I have a chipper,,,  The old widow-makers,,, behiend the garage now, I a'm in need of getting rid of..Wifes been after me about that...

#6 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted March 11, 2014 - 09:15 AM

Yeah I hope he will sell it, I hate it when people let good stuff rot because they are planing on "restoring it".

But I know this guy and he would probably never restore it, he would just get it running for the heck of it.

He doesn't even need a mower because he has access to a new 60" Country Clipper.

Since this old thing has been sitting for so long, hopefully he has lost intrust in it and will part with it.

I'll keep everyone updated on what happens.

Thanks