• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 10:43 AM

That 430 looks great. Where did you find a nice seat like that in that colour?

#17 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 12:18 PM

I was kind of surprised how well those tractors pulled the plows. I wonder if I am doing something wrong? My Sears 10/6 with the transplanted 13HP Horrible Freight engine doesn't do that well. I think I may need more weight and either better tires or tire chains. 

HOW a tractor pulls a plow is directly related to how well the plow is set up!  Weight helps but if the plow is not setup properly, the tractor is going to have to work a lot harder to pull it.  The plow that I was using in that video is one that I bought last year and had never used.  It took me the better part of the day to get it adjusted just right but I could tell a HUGE difference in how hard the tractor was having to work to pull it.  By the end of the day, I was running with the hydro WIDE OPEN and it was turning dirt beautifully.  Nice clean furrows and all of the ground cover was completely covered.  I am sure that my little brother really appreciated having a nice clean furrow to follow me in.......lol

Below is a link to the Brinly Manual on the Moldboard Plow........this one happens to be for a sleeve hitch plow but the plow adjustments are the same for a 3 point plow.  If you set up your plow prior to going to the field, you can make small adjustments are you plow.  Most of the time, you will need to make very small adjustments as the soil conditions change but it is fairly easy once you get it close.  I know people that think "it is turning dirt, so it is set up right".......that is not always the case, and if you follow one of these people at a plow day, it becomes VERY OBVIOUS in a very short amount of time.

http://brinly.com/gr...als/PP_51BH.pdf

Here is the manual for a 3pt plow:

http://www.wfmfiles....ow(PP-1200).pdf

That seat is a standard issue John Deere High back seat that was custom dyed by a local custom shop.

• olcowhand, superiorpower and chris m have said thanks

#18 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 12:48 PM

Nice tribute to Kimme.  When you said a pink tractor I envisioned this bright loud pink tractor, but it really is a nice calm pink and it came out very nice.  I hope you weren't plowing with it, that is a show tractor.

Bill..............just to PROVE that my tractors earn their keep around here...........and this picture was taken during lunch break.........lol

IMG 3749

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#19 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 01:50 PM

I still think it would be a nice show tractor.  Maybe a picture decal on the hood of her or the whole family.  But in any case it is a really nice tribute to Kimme!

#20 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,769 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 05:12 PM

Looks great. She would be proud.

#21 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,569 Thanks
  • 3,951 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 07:52 PM

A great way to keep her memories.

#22 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 08:55 PM

Robert,

I will once again tell you that you have done an AWESOME job on the tribute tractor.

There are some great photos to be seen of this tractor and I thought I would post a link for all to see !!

http://www.weekendfr...3758#POST303758

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:02 AM

HOW a tractor pulls a plow is directly related to how well the plow is set up!  Weight helps but if the plow is not setup properly, the tractor is going to have to work a lot harder to pull it.  The plow that I was using in that video is one that I bought last year and had never used.  It took me the better part of the day to get it adjusted just right but I could tell a HUGE difference in how hard the tractor was having to work to pull it.  By the end of the day, I was running with the hydro WIDE OPEN and it was turning dirt beautifully.  Nice clean furrows and all of the ground cover was completely covered.  I am sure that my little brother really appreciated having a nice clean furrow to follow me in.......lol

Below is a link to the Brinly Manual on the Moldboard Plow........this one happens to be for a sleeve hitch plow but the plow adjustments are the same for a 3 point plow.  If you set up your plow prior to going to the field, you can make small adjustments are you plow.  Most of the time, you will need to make very small adjustments as the soil conditions change but it is fairly easy once you get it close.  I know people that think "it is turning dirt, so it is set up right".......that is not always the case, and if you follow one of these people at a plow day, it becomes VERY OBVIOUS in a very short amount of time.

http://brinly.com/gr...als/PP_51BH.pdf

Here is the manual for a 3pt plow:

http://www.wfmfiles....ow(PP-1200).pdf

That seat is a standard issue John Deere High back seat that was custom dyed by a local custom shop.

Robert, we have the manuals uploaded here for these. This one (Brinly EarlyPP-1200) has how to adjust starting on page 4. For the 'later' plows, here's a link for those. Page 3 is where the adjustment how-to starts.

I'm glad you were able to get it done and plow with it.

#24 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 02:19 PM

Thanks Ron, I meant to post a link to the photos that I uploaded here but had a "blonde moment".......lol

SOMEDAY I am going to be in the same plow field with you..............maybe in Kentucky this fall........

• twostep said thank you

#25 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted March 13, 2014 - 02:24 PM

I still think it would be a nice show tractor.  Maybe a picture decal on the hood of her or the whole family.  But in any case it is a really nice tribute to Kimme!

Bill, I thought about that but never could decide exactly what I wanted to do so I just left it like it is for now.  As far as being a "Show Tractor".......I have plans for it to be in several shows this year. It will make another appearance in the local Christmas Parade.  I am going to call and talk to the folks at Susan G. Komen about taking it to the local Breast Cancer Walk this year. My wife walked EVERY year up until last year since she was diagnosed with breast cancer 6 years ago.  Last year she was in the hospital recuperating from the surgery to remove the cancer from her intestines but that was unsuccessful and they just bypassed that section of her intestines.

I am going to use it but it will not be used as much as it has been in the recent years.  I have a 400 that will pick up the slack at the garden.

• KennyP and HDWildBill have said thanks

#26 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 10:19 PM

Thanks Ron, I meant to post a link to the photos that I uploaded here but had a "blonde moment".......lol

SOMEDAY I am going to be in the same plow field with you..............maybe in Kentucky this fall........

Robert,

I sure hope we can get together one day and plow together !!

This fall, Kentucky, I will keep this in mind and see if it is possible !! 

• olcowhand said thank you

#27 cjrolke OFFLINE  

cjrolke

• Member No: 5861
  • 94 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted March 20, 2014 - 08:41 AM

I like it i know this is not a deere but i built this for my daughter

She is almost 5 and i built it 2 years ago its hers and she will let you know that

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1395322826852.jpg

• HDWildBill said thank you