• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• Member No: 5693
  • 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 08:41 PM

Like I mentioned on a previous post I am having a loader made for my 1250. I didn't feel like trying to make a bracket etc. for another pump so my question is can I use the hydrostatic pump (auxiliary outlet) to power the loader if I use smaller cylinders etc.?

I wish I knew someone that had pre made brackets and pulleys and I would put on another pump.
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#2 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,179 Thanks
  • 5,205 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 08:47 PM

No you cant it dont put out the power you need to run the loader.  

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 Deerlope ONLINE  

Deerlope

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 98
  • 375 Thanks
  • 310 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 08:48 PM

No, The GPM would make the loader to slow and the PSI would also not be enough

Edited by Deerlope, March 08, 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#4 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 09:27 PM

The Johnson loaders were run off a pump mounted to a  bracket on the bracing of the loader frame. IIRC, a 4" pulley on the pump and a 4" pulley mounted between the engine flywheel and the triple PTO drive pulleys on the engine front stub shaft. Not too hard to do for someone with a welder.

By the way, very often if you find a Johnson loader that has been separated from the tractor, the pulley on the engine went with the tractor anyway, so you still have to find a pulley. For mine, I had to find a 4" cast pulley, bore the center for the stub shaft, cut a keyway in the bore, drill and tap two set screw bores, and shave one face of the pulley so it would fit in the designated space with the belt spacing correct per Johnson. A fun afternoon!

#5 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 09:33 PM

The Johnson loaders were run off a pump mounted to a  bracket on the bracing of the loader frame. IIRC, a 4" pulley on the pump and a 4" pulley mounted between the engine flywheel and the triple PTO drive pulleys on the engine front stub shaft. Not too hard to do for someone with a welder.

By the way, very often if you find a Johnson loader that has been separated from the tractor, the pulley on the engine went with the tractor anyway, so you still have to find a pulley. For mine, I had to find a 4" cast pulley, bore the center for the stub shaft, cut a keyway in the bore, drill and tap two set screw bores, and shave one face of the pulley so it would fit in the designated space with the belt spacing correct per Johnson. A fun afternoon!

Here I thought the pump powered off of the generator pulley......learned something new.

I was thinking of taking one belt off of the triple pto pulley and using a direct drive to the pump. I thought two pto belts would drive plenty of power to a mower etc.

Any thoughts?

#6 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 11:00 AM

Here I thought the pump powered off of the generator pulley......learned something new.

I was thinking of taking one belt off of the triple pto pulley and using a direct drive to the pump. I thought two pto belts would drive plenty of power to a mower etc.

Any thoughts?

That is exactly how my 1250 was set up when I had a Johnson loader on it.
Twin pulley on the starter generator and a short belt to the loader pump. Worked well too.

When I switched the loader to a HT-23 I didn't have that option, since there isn't a starter generator. It's now powered from the pulley on the engine shaft as described by LP Bolens
  • PennsylvaniaNewt said thank you

#7 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 11:09 AM

That is exactly how my 1250 was set up when I had a Johnson loader on it.
Twin pulley on the starter generator and a short belt to the loader pump. Worked well too.
When I switched the loader to a HT-23 I didn't have that option, since there isn't a starter generator. It's now powered from the pulley on the engine shaft as described by LP Bolens

Any idea where I could get a double pulley for the 1250?

#8 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 11:13 AM

You can ask Fred aka Deerlope if he has one to sell. He has the 1250 that I had the loader on. He may still have the pulley. He restored the tractor without a loader. Not sure if it's still on it or if he removed it a put the single pulley back. Either way he can measure it and let you know what to get. Pm him, he is a member here.

#9 Deerlope ONLINE  

Deerlope

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 98
  • 375 Thanks
  • 310 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 11:19 AM

I am not sue if the pulley is still on it but it should be. The building that the tractor is stored in has a lot of snow in front of the door right now. If you will remind me in a few weeks I can get the size for you. Trying to shovel the snow away won't do because it is frozen.
  • PennsylvaniaNewt said thank you

#10 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 11:36 AM

I am not sue if the pulley is still on it but it should be. The building that the tractor is stored in has a lot of snow in front of the door right now. If you will remind me in a few weeks I can get the size for you. Trying to shovel the snow away won't do because it is frozen.

I understand what you mean by all the frozen snow....it's crazy.

Does anyone know of a place you could order a pulley from?

#11 LPBolens OFFLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 04:48 PM

Try Grainger (www.grainger.com) Look under sheaves and pulleys.