The carb on this engine has some issues. The idle mixture adjustment screw thread in the carb are nearly stripped. So I contacted member Littledeere to see if he had an extra carb I could purchase. Thankfully, he did. I also ordered a carb kit as I had no idea of the condition of this carb. I got the carb and kit earlier this week and yesterday I took the top off it. I was going to document installing the kit for a possible article here. But, it was in very good shape inside, only a little debris to be cleaned out. Here's some pics of it.
As you can see it is very clean, so I feel I can go ahead and install it. I was also able to loosen the bolts on the old carb mounted on the engine, so I think I can do the R&R without removing the intake manifold. We'll see today.
Once the old carb is removed, I will look it over to see if I can salvage it. If so, I have a kit to put in it.