• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 04:01 PM

I hope it doesn't still look like this when you people show up in July. I'm beginning to wonder, but if it does ------ Not to worry - I'M PREPARED TO DEAL WITH IT !!!!!          :thumbs:

T-758 (2).JPG T-758.JPG

• DH1, bread320i, Chris11 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 05:42 PM

Bet you'll need high boots and light jacket! Ha!  Portland, IN spring meet is usually in tall grass and it looks OK till you start walking around and seeing sights. W/out boots your shoes and even lower pants are a wet rag. THEN, it might even be rainy those days to add to it. Wonder what we'll be seeing this year?  Two years ago was actually pretty dry. Was bad spring for farmers I recall.

#3 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 06:21 PM

Bet you'll need high boots and light jacket! Ha!  Portland, IN spring meet is usually in tall grass and it looks OK till you start walking around and seeing sights. W/out boots your shoes and even lower pants are a wet rag. THEN, it might even be rainy those days to add to it. Wonder what we'll be seeing this year?  Two years ago was actually pretty dry. Was bad spring for farmers I recall.

That's why I always bring a pair of rubber shoes with me. There's nothing worse than walking around the showgrounds with wet feet for the rest of the day. With the heat and humidity, it doesn't take long before your dogs start looking like Chia Pets. :(

#4 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 416
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 07:45 PM

Great pictures. I would like to find a snow blower for my Panzer. Does it work well?

#5 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 934 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 08:27 PM

Al that is just perfect. I have to get my snow blower done to. That really cuts the snow.

#6 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 08:38 PM

That's why I always bring a pair of rubber shoes with me. There's nothing worse than walking around the showgrounds with wet feet for the rest of the day. With the heat and humidity, it doesn't take long before your dogs start looking like Chia Pets. :(

I was just finishing up playing around with one of my Farmalls at the antique tractor pull at our local show I think three years ago.  I had just pulled around say 500 foot from the track to the field where we were displaying before I noticed how fast the clouds were moving.  I said to myself, "Hmmm, looks like a storm is on the way."  I walked down to my truck (probably 1/2 mile each way) and brought back two tarps for my tractors.  I got about halfway to the field before all heck broke loose.  I think I was soaked in about 1 millisecond.  Every tent was knocked down, everybody was scurrying about like scared rabbits.  I decided that since I was soaked to the skin already, I might as well put my tarps on (which I did) and then I went looking for cover, since the lightning was getting intense. 

We all ended up standing inside the stationary buzz saw display which had room for about 3 people on the ground.  We were all balanced all over the machinery, all getting drenched in turn as the wind changed.

The storm was gone as quick as it came.  Of course, knowing me, I had to finish looking at displays, and I had to make sure my soggy magneto ignition tractors would still run.  It was "squish, splash, squish" the whole day.

Ben W.

• Chris11 said thank you

#7 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 09:05 PM

Guys, this snowthrower is only single stage, powered by a 7HP Kohler (I know - it's the wrong motor for this tractor. Should be an 8HP) but this thing works great, especially in light snow. It'll also do the job in the heavier stuff too. You just have to go a little slower with it. I've got the two speed Panzer gearbox installed, so it will drop the speed down from normal to 1/2 when needed. I've gone through snow so deep that it was tunneling through it. I had to pull back out to let the snow fall then go forward again. I had no problem at the end of the driveway where the plows piled it up about three feet high. My driveway is about 250ft long with a turnaround at the top. Takes me about an hour to clear it with 6-12 inches on the ground. Longer if it's the wet, heavy stuff.
The snowthrowers for this style tractor (T-758) are getting pretty hard to find. Not so hard for the Meteor types. Unfortunately, they're not interchangable because the drive pulleys are on opposite sides.
I'll be bringing this to the Zagray Show in July and might try to run it through a pile of their sawmill.
sawdust for a demo. Bring your own dust mask.

Yeah, Adam - I'll bet you could get use out of one of these in Wisconsin!
  • Chris11 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: zagray