• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 TX_Dj OFFLINE  

TX_Dj
  • Member No: 54173
  • 141 Thanks
  • 84 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 12:43 PM

Thanks MH, I appreciate the info. Do you have a decent seat cushon for a pattern? The one I have is in pretty good shape and not deformed. I can take some pics and get some measurements if you like. I will contact terry and see what he thinks.These cloudy faded steering wheel caps are driving me nuts! This is the one I would like to get reproduced.

classic, I wonder if the issue with those clear caps is similar to the problems we have these days with plastic headlight covers on cars - they start turning yellowed from sun exposure, and a little buffing with a light abrasive (like... toothpaste works, but they sell special stuff in the part stores) makes them clear again.  Or maybe a little soda blasting could make it like new again?  Don't know - haven't seen one up close to tell.

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 06:26 PM

Thanks MH, I appreciate the info. Do you have a decent seat cushon for a pattern? The one I have is in pretty good shape and not deformed. I can take some pics and get some measurements if you like. I will contact terry and see what he thinks.These cloudy faded steering wheel caps are driving me nuts! This is the one I would like to get reproduced.

I got mine back this weekend. It's a perfect fit (test fit in the snow, but i wouldnt leave it there) and it's really comfy.
I know it won't stay white long, but it's worth it.

BTW, you said your seat guy is named Terry, mine too. Is your guy in NY?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#18 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,448 Thanks
  • 1,601 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 06:51 PM

That's a nice job on the seat MH. I suppose you would have to test the waters regarding price. I haven't looked into having anyone around here make one for me yet, but I will at some point. It seems like the yellowing of the steering wheel caps I have penetrates deep into the plastic and the decals are shot anyway. I'd like to just have the decals made and use a Cub Cadet repro steering wheel cap, since it's identical to the sears cap. I didn't push the cap in all of the way, but it fits perfectly.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140330_195013.jpg

• MH81 said thank you