• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:17 PM

I have made a few small purchases and had one windfall this last couple of weeks. Instead of a bunch of one liners, I thought I'd show the lot of it here.

First off, I bought a muffler, gas tank and probable runner 8 from Farmerall. We kinda met part way and had a BS session in what my son called "The coldest parking lot south of the border". The wind was blowing pretty fierce.
image.jpg
He even threw in a spare muffler for the Teccy.

While we were BSing, his brother, suburban 12 mentioned he had a Sears Litter Whisk for sale.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
It's needing some love, but it is all there except the canvas has been changed out to tin (I'm thinking it was an upgrade over the canvas in durability).
He even had the manual.image.jpg
Oh, and it has a Farmerall original print on it.
image.jpg
While I was there, I picked up a middle of the road condition deck for the Burbans.
image.jpg
It had to ride on the roof as the whisk was taking up the back and my passengers didnt want to hold it. He had the book for it too.

As for the windfall, I am spending a few minutes here and there in Dads garage, trying to widen the paths. Under a pile o stuff, I find a seat cushion with no string. None of us remember it, no idea what it came from, so it found a home on the ST16 after I put on a new drawstring.
image.jpg image.jpg
I had to change the seat on it. The OEM had a lot of cracks and wet butt syndrome was the result every time I sat on it.
image.jpg

Met a couple of great guys, picked up a couple of pieces, and now have a more comfortable tush..
  • olcowhand, hamman, wvbuzzmaster and 24 others have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:20 PM

Looks like a nice bunch of goodies.

That engine looks cold! :D

• MH81 said thank you

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Is a litter whisk something you can teach DougT to use?
  • MH81 and JDBrian have said thanks

#4 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:16 PM

I want a seat cover. I WANT A SEAT COVER! :wave:

• MH81 said thank you

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:26 PM

My guy is making me one for the 12, copied from the OEM one.
I'll let you know how it turns out
  • robert_p43 said thank you

#6 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:34 PM

Then one Alan found looks like a run of the mill antique tractor seat cover to me.  If you want one I'm sure I could make that happen.  :D

Ben W.

• MH81 and robert_p43 have said thanks

#7 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:43 PM

Thank You Alan.

Thank You Ben.

I will consider this soon, hopefully.  I am still caught up in the excitement of the price Alan just paid for the one in the picture. :dancingbanana:

• MH81 said thank you

#8 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:49 PM

Looks like you got a whole bunch of stuff that you can use.

Good Stuff. :thumbs:

• MH81 said thank you

#9 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 11:24 PM

Lots of nice treasures you've got yourself there lately.

I'm looking forward to the video, of the whisk running.

• MH81 said thank you

#10 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 11:59 AM

A lot of nice stuff. I would like to see the whisk in action too. Be careful of flying fibers when you start it up. I seen one of those cushions on a Cub one time I thought it was factory though, never seen another one until yours...unique!

• MH81 said thank you

#11 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,462 Thanks
  • 1,608 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 07:55 PM

Wow! Great pile of stuff you picked up. I bought the Sears pan seat and cushon that was recently listed on ebay. It was a bit pricy, but I intend to look into having the cushion duplicated. Also, the repro cub cadet steering wheel caps like on the cub cadet 147 are exactly the same as the original on my 68' Suburbans. Click it and stick it should be able to make the Sears center cap decals if I send them a pic of an original. It would be great to restore a Suburban with the correct seat cushon and center cap in new condition.
Well, I'm hooked on these Sears tractors and brought another home today. I got lucky since the owner had the original Suburban 12 H.P. manual, the 42" rotary mower manual, and the Craftsman owners parts list for the Craftsman engine. I plan on working on the new, dirty old Sears tomorrow...can't wait!

#12 suburban 12 OFFLINE  

suburban 12
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29382
  • 396 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 08:23 PM

While we were BSing, his brother, suburban 12 mentioned he had a Sears Litter Whisk for sale.
attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg
It's needing some love, but it is all there except the canvas has been changed out to tin (I'm thinking it was an upgrade over the canvas in durability).
He even had the manual.attachicon.gifimage.jpg
Oh, and it has a Farmerall original print on it.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I hope you enjoy it, let me know how it works for you when you put it on something.

I figured you would enjoy my brothers painting on the grass catcher. If you are going to replace the galvanized metal with mesh, at least cut that panel out and hang it on the wall.

• MH81 said thank you

#13 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:13 PM

Wow! Great pile of stuff you picked up. I bought the Sears pan seat and cushon that was recently listed on ebay. It was a bit pricy, but I intend to look into having the cushion duplicated. Also, the repro cub cadet steering wheel caps like on the cub cadet 147 are exactly the same as the original on my 68' Suburbans. Click it and stick it should be able to make the Sears center cap decals if I send them a pic of an original. It would be great to restore a Suburban with the correct seat cushon and center cap in new condition.
Well, I'm hooked on these Sears tractors and brought another home today. I got lucky since the owner had the original Suburban 12 H.P. manual, the 42" rotary mower manual, and the Craftsman owners parts list for the Craftsman engine. I plan on working on the new, dirty old Sears tomorrow...can't wait!

I'm already having a cushion reproduced. I am hoping to hear from him next week. I'll let you know what he comes up with.
As for the steering wheel sticker, check with Terry at Midwest. http://gardentractor...ustom-graphics/
  • classic said thank you

#14 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,462 Thanks
  • 1,608 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 09:42 PM

Thanks MH, I appreciate the info. Do you have a decent seat cushon for a pattern? The one I have is in pretty good shape and not deformed. I can take some pics and get some measurements if you like. I will contact terry and see what he thinks.These cloudy faded steering wheel caps are driving me nuts! This is the one I would like to get reproduced.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2014-03-04 10.05.54.png

• MH81 said thank you

#15 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted March 07, 2014 - 11:09 PM

My cushion was ripped, but intact. A good donor for him to take apart and get good measurements.
  • classic said thank you