• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 12, 2011 - 04:02 PM

FirefyterEmt,

Thats a great job your MF is doin on the snow, looked likee you were pushing a little wood there a time or 2. Nice video !!

#17 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 12, 2011 - 05:24 PM

Just wait until you see the video my wife took today! I did catch a chunk of frozen leaves or something when I went around the woodpile. (Oh.... I do hope you mean the tractor, right? I mean I enjoy running the tractor and all, but.....)

Alex, we might be able to work out something, but honestly... If I did it again, I would just look for a set of trailer rims with bearings. Also, I think to cut them down, I would make a block of wood with two nails in it that would ride inside the edges of the rim. That would be used to score two marks on the rim. From there, I would use the 4.5" grinder to cut the rim down. Because of the way the rim tapers down on the inside, I still had to measure the width of the rim and tack weld it as I went. The hard part is grinding it all down to size. Although, with my new variable speed grinder, this might not be as bad of a job. Drop me an e-mail if you want to talk about it.

#18 MAV OFFLINE  

MAV

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted January 12, 2011 - 10:37 PM

Looks like the Massey did a great job. Thanks for the video's. Just thought I would mention another option that you may want to try for using the 4 X 8 tri ribs is to mount them on the wide rims using tubes. It is a different look compared to using the narrow rims but it still works. Just thought I would throw it out there.
Mark

#19 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 12, 2011 - 11:08 PM

You can, but I really do not like the look of them at all like that. In fact, the wheels you see on the tractor were wide rims and were narrowed down 1.5" and re-welded in my shop just so I could run the tri-ribs in this fashion. If I were to put a wide ribbed tire on a wide rim, I would run the V61's all day long. On my John Deere that will be built up as a snow-blower rig with a cab, I may be running those on that tractor. I might set my tri-ribs on it just to see how it looks though.