#1 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 5,978 Thanks
  • 3,289 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 04:33 PM

I HAVE A LANDLORD THAT CAME WITH A DECK MODEL 990575 WHEN I LOOK AT THE DECK AND THAN LOOK AT THE PTO I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW THIS IS SUPOSSED TO WORK ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS HANKG002.JPG 005.JPG

• boyscout862 and VintageIronCollector have said thanks

#2 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,405 Thanks
  • 1,849 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 04:43 PM

The deck looks newer than the tractor would be based off of the model number sticker but I don't believe that they changed when making the mower decks so I would think that it would fit anyway. Sorry I can't tell you ow to mount it but just thought that I would share that information.

• HANKG said thank you

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,212 Thanks
  • 2,284 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 04:53 PM

990575 is an appropriate 42" deck for your LL.  The belt simply loops over the larger of the two RH side, mid PTO pulleys.  The smaller one is for a sicklebar.  Watch your rotation, or your blades will spin backwards.  once the belt is on (needs to be 1/2"x44"), pull the lever hanging below your LH side rear axle, rearward and up.  It will add tension to the PTO/belt.

• trowel, boyscout862 and HANKG have said thanks

#4 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 4,080 Thanks
  • 2,369 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 04:59 PM

Deck should fit, they were all the same for a long time.  you will need to get the deck under the tractor, usually from the rite side with the wheel turned all the way to the left.  once the deck is under you will need to put the two pins in the front, they are out on the front under the tractor just behind the front wheels.  with that done the belt would go over the pulley on the deck then twist to go over the larger pulley on the clutch.  once done there pull the lever back under the rear end to put tension on the belt, viola done. all that is left is the lift and clutch wich you should be able to figure out easily.

Looks like talntedmrgreen beat me to this, oh well I will put my two cents in anyhow. good luck

• trowel, boyscout862 and HANKG have said thanks

#5 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 5,978 Thanks
  • 3,289 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 05:17 PM

IT WAS  THE TWISTING OF THE BELT THAT HAD ME WONDERING I WAS LIKE WHAT DA. THANKS GUYS HANKG

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,212 Thanks
  • 2,284 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:07 PM

See that little rub mark, where the paint is worn off the bar across the rear of the deck, near where the chain attaches?  When your belt is twisted, and on the PTO pulley, the lower half of the belt should be closest to that rub mark.  If the belt is twisted the wrong way, the lower side of hte belt won't match up to that witness mark.  With the deck lifted, the belt will contact, and that's normal.  It also leaves a little clue as to the correct orientation of your belt.

• IamSherwood, trowel and petrj6 have said thanks