• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• Member No: 5693
  • 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 11:06 PM

I am having a loader being built for my 1250 and I was wondering if someone who has a johnson loader on a large frame could take pictures of the mounts and how they mount to the frame under the tractor. I am mainly looking for the mounts by the drivers feet. I found pictures on the internet but none showing the underneath perspective. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,786 Thanks
  • 7,539 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:26 AM

Check our manuals section. We want to see pictures of this project too. Good Luck, Rick

#3 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:49 AM

I did check the manuals section and there were no manuals just a brochure.......I will def be showing pictures at the end and probably videos.

#4 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 09:42 AM

I don't have my Johnson Model 14 loader mounted, but I can take pictures of the mounting pieces if that would help you.

#5 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 10:09 AM

Yes it would....also pictures of how and where they mount would be very helpful!

#6 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,802 Thanks
  • 2,201 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 03:39 PM

here'a pic  from the  johnson loader i picked up . it was off a bolens.

IMG_0377.jpg

this piece is upside down. the two front to back holes mount under frame the two horizontal holes go under loader upright. the bar stock connects both sides together. It's not supposed to be bent. 

this pic is the closest one I've found of loader on bolens showing the loader 

IMG_0036_1.jpg

I hope this helps a little , I'm sure a bolens guy will have more info.  Tom

Edited by TomLGT195, March 04, 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#7 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 04:32 PM

Would you be willing to sell or loan me the bracket so I could get it copied by my fabricator? I understand if the answer is no.

#8 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 05:39 PM

The mounts for the uprights are bolted to the frame using the same bolt positions as the ones that mount the cast steering bridge to the tractor frame. As noted above, then the mounts are tied together using a piece of bar stock that runs from mount to mount under the tractor.

I am including 4 images showing the mount for the left side of the tractor. The right side mount is a mirror image, so I did not take pictures of that one.Although the basic design of these frame mounts is the same for mounting a Johnson loader to all Large Frames, these are specific for the later Large Frames that have the Kohler engines. The dimensions for the part under the tractor might not be exactly the same for the 1250 through 1477 models using Wisconsin engines, but these will give you an idea of how Johnson did theirs. The first and second pictures show two views of the upper side of the left mount, the third shows the underside of the same mount, and the fourth shows the left mount as it would be positioned relative to the loader frame.

I am also including a picture of a Johnson loader mounted on a 1476, although that one is not mine.

You might also want to look at the mounting system for the ARK 500 loader. It used a complete subframe under the tractor that went from the front of the tractor to the mounting tabs on the rear axle. An example of that is on the "other" tractor forum under Bolens. The last pic shows another full subframe design that would reinforce the entire tractor with the loader mounted. Note that the subframe pictured has the front towards the viewer.

Attached Thumbnails

• Model_14_FEL0001.JPG
  • Model_14_FEL0002.JPG
  • Model_14_FEL0003.JPG
  • Model_14_FEL0004.JPG
  • 1476_Johnson loader_01.jpg
  • Loader frame_002.jpg

• PennsylvaniaNewt said thank you

#9 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 05:48 PM

Thank you.......I can see there are some differences with the 1250 mounts. So I am trying to figure out if the 1250 mounts to the same part. All of this help is greatly appreciated!

#10 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 06:42 PM

Thank you.......I can see there are some differences with the 1250 mounts. So I am trying to figure out if the 1250 mounts to the same part. All of this help is greatly appreciated!

I am pretty sure that the mounts under the middle of the tractor attach in the same basic way as what I described. They also mount by the steering bridge bolts. The front mounts are a slightly different matter.

• PennsylvaniaNewt said thank you

#11 PennsylvaniaNewt OFFLINE  

PennsylvaniaNewt

• 49 Thanks
  • 166 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Ok good to know! The front mounts will be a lot easier to do because of all the pictures out there. Thank you again.