I'm making a list of the differences between men and women. I'm not pointing fingers, and not meaning to make either sex mad. These are just things that I have noticed over the years throughout my marriage of 19 years with my wonderful wife, and thought it would be fun to list them. If you have more to add, go ahead and list them. The numbers listed for the men match up with the numbers listed for the women.
1. When shopping for something particular, I usually know what I want, where to get it, and don't mind spending the money on it knowing it will last us a lifetime.
2. When I go to buy a tool, clothes, work boots, etc, I go into the very first store, pick out my item, pay the clerk, and I'm usually on my way to the truck or car in twenty minutes at the most.
3. When making dinner, or supper to some of you guys, I throw together whatever food I find in the fridge. Mostly all the leftovers.
4. When buying clothes for myself, I don't try things on before buying it. I get the size I want, go home, put them on, and make them fit no matter what.
5. Common thinking to this man? Money is no object when I want something bad enough! I don't care what bills need paid
6. A truck is the best means of transportation in a mans mind. I keep it clean, polished, and looking good. You mess with my truck, you're risking your life. Simple as that.
7. I can see things finished before I start building it. Plans? I don't need no stinking plans!
8. Maps? Don't have any idea as to what she's talking about.
9. Does any man know the meaning of reservations? At least I think that's what she called them.
10. I like to clean up after myself whenever I'm working on a project. Right now I'm working on drywall sanding, so every night consists of running the sweeper when I'm done, and all my tools are put back where they belong.
1. When my wife shops, she usually knows what she wants, where the best place to buy it is, but then complains about how much money she spent, even if she got it on sale, or bought it for the cheapest price around.
2. My wife has a natural born obsession to shop. My wife knows what she wants, goes to the mall, sees what she wants in the very first store, but will shop throughout the mall all day looking for better quality or pricing, ends up buying her item from the first store she went into, then comes homes and tells me about how tired she is from shopping all day.What's up with that?
3. When preparing dinner, my wife likes to google out recipes to see what foods work together, or look good next to each other, and then spend hours in the kitchen preparing it. Sometimes she even stands out there in the kitchen talking to herself. Most times, I don't care about how nice the food colors blend together, or what new recipes she's wanting to try. Give me meat and potatoes with some gravy and I am happy. I'll be done eating in less time that it took her to google the recipe.
4. My wife likes to try everything on before she buys it. She will try on four or five different pairs of slacks or jeans, then put them all back and complain about how they made her butt look big. So what, I STILL LOVE YOU!!!
5. Women like to spend money as long as the bills are paid. If there is a bill not paid, my wife won't spend a dime on herself.
6. My wife's car can be a pigpen. She don't care how clean the car is on the outside, or much less, the inside as well. Kleenex's stuck her and there, a french fry that was dropped and never picked up. last weeks soda container laying on the floor board. I guess I will clean it out for her next Saturday, while I am trying to get the red engine light to go off that apparently was no big deal when it came on three weeks ago!
7. My wife has no vision at all when it comes to projects. Trying to explain to her what I want to do in the new kitchen and dinning room is something that drives me absolutely nuts. So I just do it, and hope for the best. In most cases, she ends up liking it anyway.
8. My wife calls AAA to get trip ticks, that are basically pre-planned maps for our trip. I don't need maps. There are just something extra to pack or forget.
9. I don't think that I really want to go into the reservations argument. Let's just say it wasn't pretty, and I'll never live down out honeymoon.
10. I think there is still some paper, ribbon, and scotch tape laying around here from Christmas gift wrapping.
Now, before you all start throwing stones at me, or start telling me that I don't appreciate my wife or shouldn't be slamming her this way. Relax. My wife and I are very much in love today as we were the first day that we met. We have fun together, and all of the things listed above are things that each of us already know about each other. We may have our differences, but we won't change any of them.