#1 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,479 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 09:45 PM

I'm making a list of the differences between men and women. I'm not pointing fingers, and not meaning to make either sex mad. These are just things that I have noticed over the years throughout my marriage of 19 years with my wonderful wife, and thought it would be fun to list them. If you have more to add, go ahead and list them. The numbers listed for the men match up with the numbers listed for the women. 

MEN:

1. When shopping for something particular, I usually know what I want, where to get it, and don't mind spending the money on it knowing it will last us a lifetime.

2. When I go to buy a tool, clothes, work boots, etc, I go into the very first store, pick out my item, pay the clerk, and I'm usually on my way to the truck or car in twenty minutes at the most.

3. When making dinner, or supper to some of you guys, I throw together whatever food I find in the fridge. Mostly all the leftovers.

4. When buying clothes for myself, I don't try things on before buying it. I get the size I want, go home, put them on, and make them fit no matter what.  :rocker2:

5. Common thinking to this man? Money is no object when I want something bad enough! I don't care what bills need paid  :D

6. A truck is the best means of transportation in a mans mind. I keep it clean, polished, and looking good. You mess with my truck, you're risking your life. Simple as that.  :shoot2:

7. I can see things finished before I start building it. Plans? I don't need no stinking plans! 

8. Maps? Don't have any idea as to what she's talking about.  :(

9. Does any man know the meaning of reservations? At least I think that's what she called them. 

10. I like to clean up after myself whenever I'm working on a project. Right now I'm working on drywall sanding, so every night consists of running the sweeper when I'm done, and all my tools are put back where they belong.

Women:

1. When my wife shops, she usually knows what she wants, where the best place to buy it is, but then complains about how much money she spent, even if she got it on sale, or bought it for the cheapest price around.

2. My wife has a natural born obsession to shop. My wife knows what she wants, goes to the mall, sees what she wants in the very first store, but will shop throughout the mall all day looking for better quality or pricing, ends up buying her item from the first store she went into, then comes homes and tells me about how tired she is from shopping all day.What's up with that?  :(

3. When preparing dinner, my wife likes to google out recipes to see what foods work together, or look good next to each other, and then spend hours in the kitchen preparing it. Sometimes she even stands out there in the kitchen talking to herself. Most times, I don't care about how nice the food colors blend together, or what new recipes she's wanting to try. Give me meat and potatoes with some gravy and I am happy. I'll be done eating in less time that it took her to google the recipe.

4. My wife likes to try everything on before she buys it. She will try on four or five different pairs of slacks or jeans, then put them all back and complain about how they made her butt look big. So what, I STILL LOVE YOU!!! 

5. Women like to spend money as long as the bills are paid. If there is a bill not paid, my wife won't spend a dime on herself. 

6. My wife's car can be a pigpen. She don't care how clean the car is on the outside, or much less, the inside as well. Kleenex's stuck her and there, a french fry that was dropped and never picked up. last weeks soda container laying on the floor board. I guess I will clean it out for her next Saturday, while I am trying to get the red engine light to go off that apparently was no big deal when it came on three weeks ago!  :mad2:

7. My wife has no vision at all when it comes to projects. Trying to explain to her what I want to do in the new kitchen and dinning room is something that drives me absolutely nuts. So I just do it, and hope for the best. In most cases, she ends up liking it anyway.

8. My wife calls AAA to get trip ticks, that are basically pre-planned maps for our trip. I don't need maps. There are just something extra to pack or forget.

9. I don't think that I really want to go into the reservations argument. Let's just say it wasn't pretty, and I'll never live down out honeymoon.  :wallbanging:

10. I think there is still some paper, ribbon, and scotch tape laying around here from Christmas gift wrapping. 

Now, before you all start throwing stones at me, or start telling me that I don't appreciate my wife or shouldn't be slamming her this way. Relax. My wife and I are very much in love today as we were the first day that we met. We have fun together, and all of the things listed above are things that each of us already know about each other. We may have our differences, but we won't change any of them. 

• MH81, jms180, KennyP and 14 others have said thanks

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 09:59 PM

I've got to laugh, Troy.  I don't think you two are the only ones who think those ways.  :rolling:

At least I know that table #1 makes perfect logic sense to me. 

Ben W.

• farmer john said thank you

#3 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 10:05 PM

My wife doesnt fit the in 1,2, and 3. Rest are spot on. Honestly I believe if you put all our wives in one room thy would mentally be 75% identical. Everyone I know has had the same "disagreements" with their wive.

5 isnt anywhere near me. I mentally calculate the bills and make sure everything is paid for plus a cushion, plus what I want to spend. There has to be x amount in the bank, usually at least 6 months salary befofe I will consider a large purchase.

rest are spot on for me.

ive been married twice and both were amazed by #1. If I want say a pair of boots. Drive to the mall, go to boot store, pick out boots, try them on(only thing I try on is boots or tennis shoes) make sure they fit, pay and drive home. 30 minutes total.

Edited by toomanytoys84, March 03, 2014 - 10:07 PM.

• trowel, boyscout862 and farmer john have said thanks

#4 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 11:24 PM

As you know, we've been together a GOOD long time, and there has never been a spending issue, we both see things the same way there. But oh yeah, the shopping thing is just the way you've described! I like to know when I'm supposed to be at a given place, and try to get there on time, Olde Deere #2 will be ready and waiting half an hour before she's due to arrive just so she won't be late. Panic city, especially if we've never been to the place before and might not be able to find it on time. Which brings up asking for directions--- she will, I won't.

• trowel, farmer john and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#5 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 869 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 12:34 AM

i think you boys are forgetting her shopping all day, coming home to tired to make dinner, then returning the stuff the next day because the store has slimming lighting or trick mirrors that they have at the fairs. ha ha ha !!!!

• jms180, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#6 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,782 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 05:20 AM

As I read your comparisons I had to laugh and think, "you too?"

I think most of us have this same type of situation with a small degree of differences.

• farmer john and oldedeeres have said thanks

#7 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,807 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 05:49 AM

Goes shopping all day then returns them the next day because of the dirty mirrors in the store!!!!!  Love it, seen the wife do that so many times.   Worst question in the world----- DOES THIS MAKE MY BUT LOOK BIG -----  Of course it does sweetheart but I don't think it is the jeans!!!!!  

• KennyP, boyscout862, farmer john and 1 other said thanks

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,254 Thanks
  • 28,603 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 06:49 AM

Thanks Troy. Good smile for the morning.
How goes the drywall ing anyways?

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,397 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:10 AM

Troy, I think you just described 99% of us there! Good reading (& laughing) this morning!

#10 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,756 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:19 AM

You have to understand the genetic difference between men and women. Men have "XY" chromosomes and women have "XX". That little piece  that converts the "Y" to the second "X" is the shopping gene. Guys look at shopping as just something to get through. Women look at shopping as an experience to savor and prolong. You are very lucky that your wife understands a budget, too many people don't. Good Luck, Rick

• farmer john and oldedeeres have said thanks

#11 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 914 Thanks
  • 1,205 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 07:48 AM

Do all women like shoes?  My wife must have 50 pair some never worn. Thanks Troy very good post.

• boyscout862, farmer john and oldedeeres have said thanks

#12 Jlaws OFFLINE  

Jlaws
  • Member No: 31172
  • 542 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:39 AM

jms180 , don't get me started on shoes , I think I own five pairs , the wife must have 50 ......LOL

The only thing I might add to the list is when I'm under the car changing the oil or working on a tractor and have grease up to my elbows , that's usually when the wife calls me in to dinner , it never fails .

I usually finish what I'm working on , and that sometimes takes 20 minutes , I don't like to clean up and then go back out after dinner just to get dirty again.

I made the mistake ( ONCE ) complaining about my dinner being cold......never again.......LOL

• oldedeeres said thank you

#13 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 09:12 AM

Pictures.For example,went to Kennedy space center and the women took 400 pictures of people or a picture roughly every three steps we took and then we finally made it inside the building and they really started taking pictures.Not pictures of the space center but pictures of us at different locations.Then they post all the pictures on FB with most of them being 15 each nearly identical pictures with maybe your elbow moved slightly in each picture.

Men rarely take a picture of any object that is not inanimate.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#14 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 10:51 AM

I'm not going to make a list. For one thing I don't want to see her list! After 43 yrs with the same woman, a man learns to pick his fights.

I'm sure her list would be just as long as mine or larger so as they say I'm going to leave sleeping dogs lie.

• boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#15 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 01:27 PM

Oh, Yeah!!   Age and duration brings wisdom.

• boyscout862 said thank you