• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#91 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 08:16 PM

Looks real good Chris. Did you fill rust pitting before painting? Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like you did. Surface prep seems to take forever but the end result is well worth it. Funny thing about those pan seats - I've seen both the slotted version(as you have here)and the one with the round holes used on the same model Panzer. Then there's the high back version which I think was an option for the T-75/758. I've got one of those and it's not the most comfortable thing to ride around on unless you have the seat cusions or slip cover for it.

#92 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 08:26 PM

every thing is blasted metal etched then primed may have a little putty then primed and painted. That seat still have the cover on it. But its ripped. I cant find a new on.

#93 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 08:53 PM

I've got one of those covers on the T-758 I use with the snow thrower. Makes a big difference if you've got to be sitting on it for a couple hours or more, especially if you've got a bumpy lawn. But get this - the freebie 758 I got last year came with one of those seat covers but it's RED. Never saw anything but white. I'm thinking that maybe the company that made those covers made them for different brand tractors, so had different color covers. Maybe this one was supposed to be on a Wheel Horse? I don't know but I'm getting off the beaten path with this (as I tend to do on occasion).

#94 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted April 03, 2014 - 09:11 PM

The cover I have is made out of rubber mesinger is the comply that made it. They made bike seats too.

#95 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 03:57 PM

well I have a lot of parts done. a few more and I can start having fun. I got the plow all painted it looks amazing.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1789.jpg
  • 1817.jpg
  • 1821.jpg

• sacsr, Clint and panzersarebest have said thanks

#96 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 06:26 PM

The t70

Attached Thumbnails

• 1823.jpg

• sacsr, Clint and panzersarebest have said thanks

#97 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 09:27 PM

Looking great!!!

Edited by panzersarebest, May 15, 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#98 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 09:21 AM

Heres the one that's on my 1110

Attached Thumbnails

• 1471.jpg

#99 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted June 21, 2014 - 08:09 PM

Im running out of time. I better get my ass moving for the show. Al how did you like my summer home?
  • panzersarebest said thank you

#100 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 07:27 AM

Im running out of time. I better get my ass moving for the show. Al how did you like my summer home?

Some summer home. I'm still thinking about the hot little blonde that was dressed in period costume :-)
I'm kicking myself for not telling Savage Dave about that place. I don't know what I was thinking. He would have loved it.
Anyway, I know what you mean about running out of time but I'm almost done with the Kohler for the freebie T-758. All I have to do is put the motor covers back on it, mount it to the frame, put oil in it, start it up and let it run for a while then let it cool down and re-torque the head bolts. After that, the starter will go back on, then the wiring begins. I'm hoping to do most of that today. I've got a month to finish it up, so I'm not worried about it. YEAH - RIGHT!

Edited by Panzerguy, June 22, 2014 - 07:28 AM.

• panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#101 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 08:28 AM

I need to get the frame painted and engine and finish my panzer. There is another show that I do there in July. we can get Dave there then. called race of the century. not the same week as zagrey.

• panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#102 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 02:17 PM

What is going on? I'm out in left field. A lot of chatter but no explanation. Just nosey

I had to modify my trailer to get all the Savage stuff on for the Orange meet. Anybody going?

Edited by Savageman, June 22, 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#103 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 08:56 PM

What is going on? I'm out in left field. A lot of chatter but no explanation. Just nosey

I had to modify my trailer to get all the Savage stuff on for the Orange meet. Anybody going?

Yeah - we'll be there, weather permitting. Will probably be bringing the wife's Panzer since it fits in better with what that show is about. Besides, I used mine Saturday at the tractor pull in Bethany.
Chris can do a better job of explaining that show last weekend than I can. Does he have your email address? I don't like to get too far off topic on here but lots of vintage cars, planes hot rods even a couple of tractors AND a lot of it was operating. Way cool!

#104 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted June 30, 2014 - 07:41 AM

I'm humbled reading the entire post :)  Though it seems that most of my build threads have expired after a year of inactivity. 

This paint looks great.  I did my white lettering by first painting white, then taping the letters, then doing the turquois. I wonder which way is better. 

Anyway, this is a fantastic piece.

#105 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted June 30, 2014 - 08:33 AM

I'm humbled reading the entire post :)  Though it seems that most of my build threads have expired after a year of inactivity. 

This paint looks great.  I did my white lettering by first painting white, then taping the letters, then doing the turquois. I wonder which way is better. 

Anyway, this is a fantastic piece.

I've seen your tractor at the Dover, PA show the last two years. Looks pretty darn good to me. By the way Dean, did you know that VGTCOA is having their regional meet there at Olde Tyme Days this year?

AL

Edited by Panzerguy, June 30, 2014 - 10:00 AM.

• cookiemonster said thank you