Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Cruise?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 10:40 AM

My wife used to want to go on a cruise.  I told her I had been on to many of them and I had no intentions of going back out to sea.   She has since given up on the idea. 

I hope you have a good time and enjoy the cruise.  As long as you don't get into any rough seas you should do OK.

#17 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 10:24 PM

I am actually in the planning stages of taking my kids on a Disney Cruise in June................best part...............they dont have a CLUE........lol

• MH81 said thank you

#18 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 08:46 AM

What cruise line are you going with? I can give ya more tips if going on Royal Carribean

We are going carnival.  In-laws went last year and they are going again this year.  They are booked the same ship we are but they are going in July. 

• TAHOE said thank you

#19 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 08:50 AM

I am actually in the planning stages of taking my kids on a Disney Cruise in June................best part...............they dont have a CLUE........lol

Are your kids obsessed with Disney?  If not I'd save the cash and pick a different cruise line.  I was quizzing a friend about cruises last night at dinner as he has gone on several.  He said the worst cruise his family had taken was with Disney.  He said it was miserable the entire time.  He also said he paid almost triple what a comparable cruise with Carnival or Royal Caribbean would of costed and his family always had a better time on those lines.

My Grandparents in law also went on a Disney cruise last summer, they are quite loaded and pretty much took the best package they could possibly get with any available upgrade.  They were unimpressed and said their previous year cruise with Carnival was much more enjoyable.  They took the grandkids with them on the disney cruise, might be the cause of them not having a lot of fun.  :shoot2:

#20 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,952 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 08:51 AM

We are going carnival.  In-laws went last year and they are going again this year.  They are booked the same ship we are but they are going in July. 

don't know much about Carnaval and their procedures, we've only taken Royal Carribean, I thkn they are a little more upscale than Carnaval, but a little more $$$$

Edited by TAHOE, March 05, 2014 - 08:52 AM.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#21 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 09:15 AM

don't know much about Carnaval and their procedures, we've only taken Royal Carribean, I thkn they are a little more upscale than Carnaval, but a little more $$$$

Doing reading, I'd say you are right.  We got our cruise package for quite cheap.  A lot less than I ever through a 7 day cruise was going to be.  It was actually less than what I was planning on spending for our Ocean City, MD trip's motel stay.   I think the reduced cost its in April, and with the recent "flu" on board the ship they probably are discounting stuff like crazy!

If we enjoy it after the baby is 3 we will start planning vacations again and probably try out Royal Caribbean. 

• TAHOE said thank you