Ok i like your panzers
  • Panzerguy said thank you

#77 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 01, 2014 - 08:07 AM

IMG_8920.JPG IMG_8923.JPG IMG_8927.JPG IMG_8929.JPG It's getting near crunch time for the Zagray show and I still haven't got that freebie T-758 done yet but I'm confident it will be ready by then. 

Talked to jim Haynes at the show up in Orange, MA last weekend and he said he will be both selling and displaying at the Zagray show. As far as the selling part goes, he will be bringing just Panzer and lawn mower related parts to this show, so if you have something special in mind that you want to pick up at the show, I would give him a call soon. I included a few pics here of the set-up he had at Orange.

I'll probably be going up to the the showgrounds this weekend to check things out, find out how much room they're going to allow us to have for the display area, remind them about setting up a tent, try to line up the plowing demo area, etc, etc.

By the way, if any of you are a member of a different GT forum, please pass info along about the show. I've been doing the best I can to spread the word and hand out flyers but I'm finding out that there are still a bunch of Panzer people out there who haven't found out about this yet.

Well - that's about it for now. Any questions?

AL

• Titus, sacsr, panzersarebest and 1 other said thanks

#78 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 07:34 AM

Zagray Flyer (2).jpg Anybody have any questions about the show or need direction on how to get there?

Edited by Panzerguy, July 08, 2014 - 09:48 AM.

• Savageman said thank you

#79 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 07:49 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to have a list of the members of GTTalk planning on being there.  I would make intros a lot easier.

Just a thought.

Dave

• panzersarebest said thank you

#80 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 08:34 AM

I am planning on coming, if nothing comes up that I cant.

#81 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 09:47 AM

I am planning on coming, if nothing comes up that I cant.

Wow - that's a long haul. I'm impressed. We've got people coming from PA and MD too. Let me know if you need info other than what I have posted on here. You can use my regular email address, which is on the show flyer.

AL

#82 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 08, 2014 - 09:54 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to have a list of the members of GTTalk planning on being there.  I would make intros a lot easier.
Just a thought.

Dave

I've got a feeling some within a couple hour drive will wait till the last minute to see what the weather is gonna do (ie. guys like you). I'll have to be there rain or shine anyway.

#83 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 11, 2014 - 11:39 AM

Best route to Zagray show if coming from west of CT is I-84 into CT, to 691 which becomes 66. 66 to, 16, to 85 in Colchester. Once there, take 85 heading north. The showgrounds will be about 1-1/2 miles up on the right, on the Colchester/Hebron town line. Pull in the dirt drive at the big red barn.
From the north (Hartford area) take Rt 2 east to exit 17 into Colchester then 85 north.
Let me know if you need directions from other areas.

AL

Edited by Panzerguy, July 11, 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#84 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 15, 2014 - 08:37 PM

I got a question today from an exhibitor who is bringing Panzers and other related items and wants to know what to do about his truck and trailer. I went through this subject near the beginning of this topic but that was a while ago so will give a refresher. There are several different ways you can deal with this situation.

As I mentioned before, the designated display area wil be for Panzers and realated items only. No vehicles, trailers, campers or camping tents. Shade canopies are fine. If you want to display your stuff in the display area, you'll have to leave your trailer in another area, which is usually at the far end of the show field near the sawmill. You can unhook the trailer and try to find a spot for your vehicle closer to the display area. I would suggest some place off to the side of the show field so we don't take space that other exhibitors could be using. Your other option would be to set up your stuff in an area outside of the display area like any other exhibitor would. That way you can have your display articles and vehicle all in one spot. If space starts to get tight, you still might have to put the trailer elswhere. Or - you can put some of your stuff in the display area and keep some with your vehicle in a different area (like if you brought tractors other than Panzers that you want to display). That's pretty much what I'll be doing because I'll have the camper close by so I can keep an eye on things and keep the junk dealers ( other than Panzer junk/stuff) out of our display area. I'm planning on putting two Panzers in the display area and keep the other two with the camper.

If you're planning on bringing a camper or doing tent camping, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a place to set that up, depending on when you get there. For example - if you show up with a camper and the show field is already looking full, you can just park it off to the side somewhere and set it up where you want as space starts to free up later in the day. I doubt this would be a problem unless you don't arrive till after 9am on Saturday

That's about it for now. Let me know if you have any other questions. By the way - as of this evening, the weather forcast for the weekend looks pretty darn good for this area, so we should have a pretty full show field and a good crowd. Hope to see a lot of you there.

By the way - if you are a member of other garden tractor forums or know someone who is planning to attend but isn't a member of GTtalk, please pass this info along.

Big AL

Edited by Panzerguy, July 15, 2014 - 09:04 PM.

• panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#85 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 08:08 AM

Jim Haynes and I are going to Zagray tonight to drop off some stuff and start setting up. I'll see if I can find out for certain where the trailer parking will be and where we can park vehicles related to the Panzer area. I'm pretty sure the trailer parking will be over by the sawmill. If so, it's not like it's a half mile hike back to the display area anyway.Will post the info either late tonight or tomorrow morning. After that, there will be no more posts or emails. I don't tether myself to computers or phones when I'm at the shows. This supposed to be fun :shoot2:

#86 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 05:12 PM

So does that mean your going to leave your camera home.  LOL

#87 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 09:03 PM

So does that mean your going to leave your camera home.  LOL

Ok - now I get it, wise guy! I meant PCs. :camera:

#88 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted July 17, 2014 - 07:04 AM

Went up to the Zagray show grounds last night and it was confirmed that the trailer drop-off area is at the back of the show field near the sawmill - about the length of a football field away from our display area.

Hey - Panzer stuff is already starting to show up !!!

See you this weekend. Have a safe trip.

Big AL

#89 markmdz OFFLINE  

markmdz
  • Member No: 60393
  • 7 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 03:14 PM

This is my first post in this forum, but I've been viewing for a while, just haven't posted yet.

...a little birdie on the ground out there has let me know that there's easily 15+ panzer already on the grounds at Zagray.

While I'm a yellow/white GT guy myself, my ol' man had a Panzer and sold it a few years back, but I remember mowing with it as a kid.  As soon as the right deal presented itself, I snagged a Panzer for myself.  While I'm not going to be bringing it to the show, as it's still very much under-the-knife the moment, I'm going to do my best to get there tomorrow to see all of the turquoise in person.  Hopefully I'll find a proper motor to power my Panzer too.  ...fingers crossed.

• KennyP, Clint, panzersarebest and 1 other said thanks

#90 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted July 18, 2014 - 05:19 PM

Well were about to head out in the next hour or so. Hope to See you all tomorrow.