93 replies to this topic

#61 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 47309
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted May 06, 2014 - 09:27 PM

Yea im in meriden a simplicity himelight and maybe a allis chalmers gt and ill probally spend the night there

#62 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted May 07, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Yea im in meriden a simplicity himelight and maybe a allis chalmers gt and ill probally spend the night there

Sounds good. The more garden tractors, the better - no matter what the brand.

#63 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted May 07, 2014 - 09:38 PM

Yea

#64 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted May 20, 2014 - 03:13 PM

Hey Panzer Geeks;

I know - (kinda like the pot calling the kettle black) but just two months to go until the Zagray Farm Museum show on July 19-20 where Panzers will be the featured tractor. And if you're still working on yours, I'll bet I know what you're probably thinking: "I ain't worried about it. That's eight weeks away - I got plenty of time".      Oh yeah? Well I'd be willing to bet that there will be a few of you STILL putting things together when you get here :wallbanging: , so you'de better get your bunns movin! It'll be here sooner than you think!  

Yep - I've seen it all too often. These are the guys who are up all Friday night, keeping everybody else awake, trying to get that *!*#&*# tractor running by the time the show starts in the am. These guys are easy to spot the next morning - they're the ones with the bloodshot eyes, matted hair, and crawl out of their tent still reeking of gas, grease and oil, leaving a grease stained pillow behind :D . Don't let this be you!Zagray Flyer (2).jpg Zagray Farm Musem-148.JPG Zagray Farm Musem-144.JPG Zagray Show July 2011-165.jpg

• panzersarebest, icecream4070 and Savageman have said thanks

#65 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 06:15 AM

Got word from Jim Haynes of Dandy Sales that he'll be doing a Question and Answer session at the Zagray Show on Saturday aftyernoon, July 19 about 4:00pm :thumbs: .  Says he'd prefer to do it right at our tractor display area. I'm planning to have the Farm put up a good size tent for us anyway, so that would probably be a good place to do it. Will keep you all posted on any new develpments.

AL

• panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#66 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 943 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Im glad to hear Jims going to do the show.

#67 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 08:55 AM

Went to the Brooklyn Ag Days show in Brooklyn, CT yesterday and handed out some more Zagray show flyers to Panzer owners who hadn't heard about Panzers being the featured tractor there in July, so it was a good thing I brought the flyers with me. One guy said he was bringing a T-205 with the mower deck attached, which is something you don't see too often. Another guy had a nicely restored 1107 and a custom painted T-70 or T-75 he said he was bringing.
It looks like interest for this thing is growing more and more, the closer it gets to the show date. I hope I didn't create a monster. Oh well - too late to worry about it now.
If you want to review info I posted about the show earlier, such as camping, parking, etc., go to earlier postings of this topic or the one titled - Zagray Farm - Panzer Feartured. I'll try to re-cap everything in a couple weeks and try to include some directions on how to get there.

AL

Edited by Panzerguy, June 09, 2014 - 10:39 AM.

• Savageman said thank you

#68 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 11:22 AM

It sounds like you did create a monster but it will be fun. By the way, are we going to be using the field that they used for plowing demos?

Dave
  • Panzerguy said thank you

#69 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 03:32 PM

It sounds like you did create a monster but it will be fun. By the way, are we going to be using the field that they used for plowing demos?

Dave

I was assured by the president of QVEA that we will be given an area to do plowing demos. He seemed to think it would be ok to do that in the field you just mentioned but if not, they'll give us another area to tear up.

The nice thing is, that the president of the club is also into garden tractors and is a subscriber of LAGT so it isn't too hard to talk him into this stuff seeing we're usually on the same page.

I'm thinking of camping out there on July 4th weekend so will make sure we have all of our eggs in a row while there. There's usually a good size crew there during that weekend, with the powers that be in attendance, getting things ready for the upcoming show, making it a good time to finalize plans and do a little arm twisting.  :thumbs:

Edited by Panzerguy, June 09, 2014 - 03:43 PM.

• Savageman said thank you

#70 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 09:45 AM

Zagray Flyer (2).jpg Zagray Show July 2012.JPG Zagray Farm Musem-115.JPG Zagray Farm Musem-137.JPG Got a call from my pal, Jim Haynes of Dandy Sales last night who said he'll be bringing 4 or 5 display tractors to the show. He hasn't made up his mind yet but said they'll probably be something that's fairly rare and/or very good originals. Because of this, he won't be bringing as many parts to sell. He'll probably stick with what he feels will be the best movers at this event. He said that if anybody wants him to bring something they can pick up during the show, to give him a call and he'll see if he has the room when the time comes.
We've only got a month left before the show. You people will have your Panzer projects done in time - right? Not so sure about myself. I'm planning on bringing four Panzers if I can get that freebie T-758 done in time. It seems like every time I think I'm ready to mount the engine to the frame, I find another issue. This time it's a stripped bolt hole on the end of the crankshaft for the bolt that holds the flywheel on. Yep - I *&#%&'n knew that was gonna happen! And Kate is about due to send me that dreaded reminder that the next O&M article for LAGT is due and I haven't even started it yet. ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!
  • Clint, panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#71 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 04:28 PM

Hey AL, 

Those push mowers look like mine.  I am going to try to copy that pic for my files.  Great shot.  I will be bringing them to the Zagray meet along with The Panzer Towing Co. machine.  I have a lot of fun with that one.  I think I will be towing the RUGG or maybe the Wheelhorse or maybe the Ford.

Got my fingers crossed on the weather.  As you know, I got cheated on three shows this year.

I just had a thought about Jim Haynes.  He has a Panzer trailer.  Maybe you can talk him into bringing it.

100_1405.JPG

Edited by Savageman, June 18, 2014 - 04:30 PM.

• panzersarebest said thank you

#72 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 07:30 PM

Al i miht bring a tri trac if i can find rear tire for it hahahaha

#73 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 07:49 PM

Hey AL, 

Those push mowers look like mine.  I am going to try to copy that pic for my files.  Great shot.  I will be bringing them to the Zagray meet along with The Panzer Towing Co. machine.  I have a lot of fun with that one.  I think I will be towing the RUGG or maybe the Wheelhorse or maybe the Ford.

Got my fingers crossed on the weather.  As you know, I got cheated on three shows this year.

I just had a thought about Jim Haynes.  He has a Panzer trailer.  Maybe you can talk him into bringing it.

attachicon.gif100_1405.JPG

I might have a couple more shots of the push mowers in Adobe Lightroom. Will take a look when I get done with this. Those will look very nice in the display area. I was hoping you were planning on having them there.

By Panzer trailer, I assume you're referring to the dump cart? I asked him about that a while back and he seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem to bring that but I think that will depend on how much other stuff he plans on bringing. I know Chris wanted to take measurements of the dump cart so he could reproduce one and if you have seen this guy's workmanship, it would be child's play for him to make something like that. Jim said he thinks he has the blueprints for it. I'll have to remind him about that too. Last night he was talking about maybe making two trips to get all of this stuff down there. I'll have to do the same if I'm going to have four Panzers and the camper.

#74 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 08:53 PM

Al i can bring my tri trac right

Edited by icecream4070, June 18, 2014 - 08:53 PM.

#75 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 06:16 AM

Our Panzers-35.JPG  

Al i can bring my tri trac right

Yes - you can bring the Tri Trac or just about any other tractor you want but only Panzer related items will be allowed in the Panzer display area. No trailers, campers, etc. For instance - my camper will be part of my display, so it will not be allowed in the display area. About the only exception to this might be Dandy Sales but will more than likely be set up NEXT to our display area instead of over at the vendor area.

Edited by Panzerguy, June 19, 2014 - 07:44 AM.