93 replies to this topic

#46 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted May 04, 2014 - 06:59 AM

Had a great time at the show. Great weather and people. lots of nice tractors. Cant wait till the July one.

#47 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 47309
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted May 04, 2014 - 07:46 AM

Ok I think I might stop by today

#48 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted May 05, 2014 - 08:03 AM

IMG_8639.JPG IMG_6507.JPG

Fantastic day at the Zagray show this past weekend. The place was packed with spectators, vendors and exhibitors, not to mention the weather was perfect on Saturday. I'm starting to get a lot of input from people I didn't even know had Panzer equipment and said they'll be bringing it with them. You're not going to want to miss out on this one, so start making plans now.
The Zagray people are welcoming us with open arms for the July show. We're going to have one of the best display areas on the field and they've already started handing out the show plaques (pictured here). Don't worry, there are plenty left.
Also - I was able to confirm that Jim and Ellen Haynes of Dandy Sales WILL be there selling parts and they will also have Panzer items on display plus we were able to arrange for them to be set up next to our display area. Jim gave me the go-ahead to post it here so if there's something special you need, let him know ahead of time so he can maybe have it available when you get there. I'll post more info and updates as it becomes available.
I'd also like to mention that all other makes and models of garden tractors are welcome at this show although only Panzer related items will be allowed in our display area. So please feel free to bring other equipment.

AL

Edited by Panzerguy, May 05, 2014 - 11:21 AM.

• Savageman said thank you

#49 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted May 05, 2014 - 10:22 AM

I went sunday and no one was there

#50 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted May 05, 2014 - 10:58 AM

I went sunday and no one was there

Sunday is usually a slow day there as it is with most other shows I've been to. That is why some shows have started, starting thier shows a day early and Sunday is the travel day. Sundays seem to be better there during the July show. I think because the kids are out of school, no after school activities, etc.

AL

#51 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted May 05, 2014 - 12:56 PM

Al, I'm kicking my butt for not going but Mama found enough for me to do around the house, if that is any consolation. Still planning on Scantic Valley.

Dave

Edited by Savageman, May 05, 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#52 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted May 05, 2014 - 05:55 PM

Al, I'm kicking my butt for not going but Mama found enough for me to do around the house, if that is any consolation. Still planning on Scantic Valley.

Dave

I know how you feel. I wish I had a dollar for every time I cancelled plans for going to a show or pull because of a so-so weather forecast, just to have people tell me I should have come out because the weather turned out fine. Well that's easy to say for those who live close to the action but if you have to do a good amount of traveling to get there, you don't want to spend all that time and money just to sit there in the rain. I've had it happen and it's not all that much fun so I tend the play it safe now. Better to be safe than sorry - at least in my case.
Anyway, this is just the start of the show season. July will be here quicker than you think and there are good shows to check out before it rolls around.

AL
  • panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#53 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted May 06, 2014 - 10:19 AM

Im hooing to go to the july show what time should i get there

#54 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted May 06, 2014 - 11:08 AM

Zagray Flyer.jpg Zagray Flyer (2).jpg  

Im hooing to go to the july show what time should i get there

You just coming for one day or for the weekend and what are you bringing with you? If it's just for one day (say Saturday), I'd try to get there before 8am, which is the time the show starts for the day. I got there at 8am this past Saturday and the place was mostly full already and I had to do some searching on foot to find a place to set up the truck, trailer and two tractors. This was kinda unusual to see it that full, that early. That's why I figured it was ok if I got there at 8 or 9. I think this was due to the fact that the weather forcast called for a chance of rain later in the day and Sunday, so people figured they'de better get there early. So that's something to keep in mind. Sunday probably won't be a problem if you get there later than 8am.
If you're planning on staying for the weekend (camping), try to get there Friday so you can get a good spot. I'll probably be there Thurs to start setting things up and keep an eye on our display area but you should do ok if you want to wait till Friday. Try to get there by noon if you can. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.
How much ice cream are you bringing? This may get you a premium spot!

AL

#55 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted May 06, 2014 - 11:23 AM

This usually gets me in trouble but I've been thinking....
Is there any chance we could get Jim Haynes to do some sort of a Panzer history seminar? Maybe with a tech question and answer session or something along those lines. He's certainly the most qualified person to do it.
  • Panzerguy said thank you

#56 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted May 06, 2014 - 02:44 PM

I might bring 2 or 3 tractors and i would go bolth days

#57 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted May 06, 2014 - 03:15 PM

This usually gets me in trouble but I've been thinking....
Is there any chance we could get Jim Haynes to do some sort of a Panzer history seminar? Maybe with a tech question and answer session or something along those lines. He's certainly the most qualified person to do it.

Great idea Jim. Why didn't I think of that one when I was having dinner with him Saturday? DUHHH?!
I'll run it past him and see what happens. Will drop him an email about it tonight and let this Forum/Topic know what I find out.
  • panzersarebest said thank you

#58 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted May 06, 2014 - 03:18 PM

I might bring 2 or 3 tractors and i would go bolth days

Are you staying at the show grounds both days or going back home at the end of the day? You're in Meriden, right? What kind of tractors are they?

#59 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted May 06, 2014 - 03:36 PM

Great idea Jim. Why didn't I think of that one when I was having dinner with him Saturday? DUHHH?!
I'll run it past him and see what happens. Will drop him an email about it tonight and let this Forum/Topic know what I find out.

I'm not envisioning some formal presentation, more along the lines of a BS session.  I tend to get into company histories and production year differences and stuff like that and I've seen a lot of contradictory information about Copar/VM/Pennsylvania on the net. It would be nice to get some of that straightened out even if it's best guess.   You would know the flow of this particular show better but most shows tend to wind down mid-afternoon and maybe that would be a good time for it on Saturday.  Does this show go into the evening (like the Dover show with their tractor pulls) or is it done by suppertime?

• Panzerguy said thank you

#60 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted May 06, 2014 - 08:21 PM

I'm not envisioning some formal presentation, more along the lines of a BS session.  I tend to get into company histories and production year differences and stuff like that and I've seen a lot of contradictory information about Copar/VM/Pennsylvania on the net. It would be nice to get some of that straightened out even if it's best guess.   You would know the flow of this particular show better but most shows tend to wind down mid-afternoon and maybe that would be a good time for it on Saturday.  Does this show go into the evening (like the Dover show with their tractor pulls) or is it done by suppertime?

I pretty much agree with what your saying here. Yeah - this show quiets down by supper time. This is the time when a lot of people like to cruise around the grounds on tractors (it's easier to do that after the crowds are gone)or take a walk or bike ride on the rail/trail that cuts through the back of the property. It's not unusual to see plenty of campfire chats going on after dark.
I kinda like the relaxed pace after supper because it gets pretty busy again the next morning at sunrise. It's a nice break.

Edited by Panzerguy, May 06, 2014 - 08:22 PM.