#1 Rickski OFFLINE  

Rickski

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1538
  • 11 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 08:24 PM

I've been shopping for hydraulics. Came across a pump with tank and 2 controls. Anyone recognize it and have any users manuals. While there, a Clinton motor caught my eye, as well as a plow that looked like it needed to be put to use. So, I'm looking for info on the Clinton motor and hydraulics I picked up. I know what to do with the plow.:dancingbanana:
SANY0075.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• SANY0082.jpg
  • SANY0061.jpg
  • SANY0060.jpg
  • SANY0077.jpg

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 08:58 PM

The Clinton looks like the one I own, a 6.3 HP. I have a huge Clinton parts book but no real manuals for them, but if the hp rating helps you, that's good.
  • Rickski said thank you

#3 Rickski OFFLINE  

Rickski

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 11 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 09:09 PM

The Clinton looks like the one I own, a 6.3 HP. I have a huge Clinton parts book but no real manuals for them, but if the hp rating helps you, that's good.

I did some searching and the model 1600 I have is the 6.3 hp. The motor with generator weighs a few pounds. I think I'll get her going and leave it at that. The generating plant is complete, and I might just try to bring it back to working and looking the way it did 50 years ago. Thanks

#4 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 09:51 PM

Rickski, how about some more pics of hyd unit. Looks like monarck road machinery, but can't quite get my head around it. One of the valves looks like an air valve, could it be an air motor driving hyd pump??

#5 Rickski OFFLINE  

Rickski

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 11 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 10:08 PM

Rickski, how about some more pics of hyd unit. Looks like monarck road machinery, but can't quite get my head around it. One of the valves looks like an air valve, could it be an air motor driving hyd pump??

Yup. I'll untangle all the hose and will take some pics tomorrow after work. So far, I found a site that showed the pump mounted on a older Dodge Power wagon. It was mounted on top of the generator bracket. I think I'll rig it up on a sheet of plywood with an electric motor and a couple hydraulic cylinders so I can figure out the valves. I think it might be rigged to only provide up pressure. I can probably run 2 cylinders with up pressure only or maybe one cylinder with one valve for up pressure and the other for down pressure.

#6 Rickski OFFLINE  

Rickski

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 11 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted January 10, 2011 - 06:04 AM

Found this link that has one installed on a Dodge Power Wagon.
"Good Roads" Snowplow Info
  • mjodrey said thank you

#7 Rickski OFFLINE  

Rickski

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 11 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted January 10, 2011 - 08:43 PM

A few more pictures of the hydraulics. Now to figure out how to hook them up.

With Labels.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• SANY0084.jpg
  • SANY0083.jpg
  • SANY0085.jpg

Edited by Rickski, January 10, 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#8 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted January 10, 2011 - 11:08 PM

Rickski, why not get rid of those one way valves, Just keep pump, oil tank, scrounge salvage yard for a one or two spool, two way valve[s] That way, you got two way cylinder control. Check SURPLUS CENTER, or NORTHERN, the small series valves are not too expensive. Log splitter valve would work too.

My opinion, George

#9 Rickski OFFLINE  

Rickski

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 11 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted January 11, 2011 - 06:25 AM

Rickski, why not get rid of those one way valves, Just keep pump, oil tank, scrounge salvage yard for a one or two spool, two way valve[s] That way, you got two way cylinder control. Check SURPLUS CENTER, or NORTHERN, the small series valves are not too expensive. Log splitter valve would work too.

My opinion, George

I think that is what I'll do. I'll keep my eyes open for a 2 or 3 spool, 2 way valve. Thanks,

#10 Rickski OFFLINE  

Rickski

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 11 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 05:03 AM

I picked up a 2 spool, 2 way valve from a Case. I hooked the pump up to an electric motor to work out the bugs. The one way valve works good, and I think the other valve is for a hydraulic motor. I'm building a johnny bucket for the front of the Ford LGT and want to use the 2 spool 2 way for it. I'd like to use the one way for the rear sleeve hitch. So, can I go from the high pressure side of the pump to the IN side of the 2 spool, then from the OUT side to the IN side of the one way. The OUT side of the one way will be low pressure back to the tank. Does that work?
case 2 spool.jpg