• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john ONLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:36 PM

ha ha!!! thought that would get your attention, well guys i need your help, opinion, or simply your green eyed envy. i got a call today from an older gent whos down sizing from his farm and looking for someone to take came of his babies, he wont just sell them to anyone, well the conversation was all about wheel horses, he has 2 from the early 60s that he said may fit my collection, he wants to see my collection which is cool, i have about 25 horses and 10 others that i like. i just think he wants them to find a home where they are appreciated so hopefully he wont gouge me on the price. now to my question, i am not into 2 wheelers but he has some he thinks are from the 40s, hes not into them either but says they are really neat looking which is right up my alley, one isn't even a 2 wheeler its got a wooden track drive. any thoughts of makers years , brands, the other is as he says a real big machine, steel wheels, one wheel locks to turn. i am heading to mexico on tues night so i cant get to them but he says they are deep in the barn and will take a thaw to get to them so i can come by when i get back as he will hold them for me, apparently when i told him my wife says i hord tractors that struck a nerve, his wife says the same about him so i think we will get along just fine, if anyone has a pic of a walk behind on wood tracks that would be great, thanks for looking farmer john

• hamman, IamSherwood, trowel and 3 others have said thanks

#2 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:40 PM

... the other is as he says a real big machine, steel wheels, one wheel locks to turn. ...

Empire?

• farmer john said thank you

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:40 PM

Good luck on your trip and on adding to the collection.

#4 farmer john ONLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 09:48 PM

the gent is older and cant remember the names, yes this is going to drive me crazy the entire time im in mexico (ps its a very short drive to crazy ha ha !!!) and i did ask if he could send pics but he doesn't have a computer or as he said one of those diggi cameras ha ha!!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#5 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 11:23 PM

Sounds like a great find. I'm really curious about the wooden track drive, never even heard of one before. Have a good time in Mexico and bring back some warm weather! Since it's called a Wheel Horse north of the line, I wonder if you can get a Wheel Burro in Mexico, lol. Keep your eyes open, never know what you might find.

#6 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 01:24 AM

Sounds like a heck of a find to me.

Congrats :thumbs:

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 06:11 AM

Sounds like a good oppurtunity to meet and maybe help out another collector. It's got to make all you collectors think about what to do with your beloved tractors when the time comes to part with them.

• farmer john and oldedeeres have said thanks

#8 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 07:33 AM

Waiting :tapping_fingers: for you to show us.

• oldedeeres said thank you