Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,938 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 02:59 PM

Not sure how I found this video but I have not seen anything like this before. I'm sure some (with the parts laying around) could build something like this easily.

http://www.youtube.c...KdVhMOHJFAQo3Fw

• KennyP, sacsr, chris m and 1 other said thanks

#2 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • Member No: 51434
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 03:17 PM

Now that is really cool, makes me almost wish for snow. Add says it's battery powered,eh?, I personally don't trust that NEW technology that much. Need to carry a solar recharger for the field i guess. Cool though, give me one that blows smoke.

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 03:24 PM

Ummmm! Where's the Rest of the Snow-mobile?  The part that allows you to stay OUT of the blowing snow off the track! :D

Seems quick and unstoppable I guess, electric OK for short runs. Bet wide open like that it don't last long on charge! :( Now, how about a Big vehicle, with Four of those tracks all able to run together of seperate to get out of stuck areas?  Kinda like the trucks with kits, but this one electric.  Could haul more batts in truck/rig then, and have a cab.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 03:29 PM

Now that is really cool, makes me almost wish for snow. Add says it's battery powered,eh?, I personally don't trust that NEW technology that much. Need to carry a solar recharger for the field i guess. Cool though, give me one that blows smoke.

I don't think there would be space for the engine and the gas tank etc inside the track. The heat generated would be hard to deal with as well. This was on here a couple of weeks ago. I think they are looking for investors to try to bring this to market. In the previous post there was a version with 2 tracks side by side and a bin like cart mounted over top of it. Oh, and also a version with a snowmobile body mounted on top but it didn't show that one in action. 

#5 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,632 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 04:59 PM

I don't see anything 'new' about it, other than they put attachments on it.

It's basically just an electric version of the Bolens Diablo Rouge  and Hus-Ski snow machines from the 60's

https://www.youtube....h?v=gkLEZqkIGTo

• larrybl said thank you

#6 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,938 Thanks
  • 3,320 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 05:05 PM

I like the Bolens version better, looks like it would go futher faster longer. + old iron!