3 replies to this topic

#1 CountryLoveSales OFFLINE  

CountryLoveSales

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3899
  • 9 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 02:29 PM

I am trying to find brake parts for my 1979 PK 1612. I need evrything from pedals to the rear flat bars that I guess go to the brakes. I have talked to Jerry Frank and he said he never seen any parts forever for the Jim Dandy/1612. Any Help PLEASE!!!!

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 02:50 PM

You'll have to go with salvage parts.  See what Bob's Lawn and Garden or Joe's Outdoor Power can do.  I don't know if they have parted out a Power King or not, but they might be able to help.

Ben W.

• CountryLoveSales said thank you

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 03:03 PM

jrhaines on epay has lots of stuff. OR,others there. Should get parts drawings to make sure you get correct parts, as they changed over the years and models. If yours is Jim Dandy size, then the older JD parts don't fit, more like the standard bigger PK's by then. There are diff drum sizes, ways the liners bolted or pinned in, the linkages themselves, with cables on some, and rods on others and diff pedals and links. Do you have the cross shaft and pedals still in frame at least?? Odd if not that the system is gone. But, when they rust up from not being greased, crosshafts sometimes need to be cut out. Maybe that happened?  Larry Goss offers a nice thumbdrive with all PK info you need for cheap!  He has ad in LAGT mag.  Mission Manufacturing in Evansville, IN may have some parts new, have to check there. They are the PK source for parts.

• Alc and CountryLoveSales have said thanks

#4 CountryLoveSales OFFLINE  

CountryLoveSales

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3899
  • 9 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted March 18, 2014 - 03:15 PM

It has cable brake system. The pedals are still there, but nothing else. Wish I could find a parts diagram or old ones....Mission Manu told me that the tractor I have is like hen's teeth. Not many were sold, so hard to find someone parting one.  I will try to contact Larry Goss, I would like to have as much info on these tractor as I can. Thanks Glgrumpy and Superaben.