• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 case1man OFFLINE  

case1man
  • Member No: 40153
  • 101 Thanks
  • 106 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 11:42 AM

Bought my first super garden tractor at auction yesterday a cub cadet 2084. It has power steering turning brakes tilt wheel hydro. lift 20 hp twin kohler . I know these was made by MTD but it seems well made. Can anyone tell me the good and the bad on these and are there any manuals on this site I can download any help or advise would be appreciated. Sorry no pics right now son has camera.   

• Alc and hamman have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 12:04 PM

I think the 2000 series is a little  heavier made than others and is nice set-up. Would think you could get NEW manuals from any dealer pretty easy. Maybe even from MTD or Cub Cadet on line?  Would bet too new to have many people with one to post. It will be like a Cadillac after owning older rigs, I bet.

• case1man said thank you

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 12:12 PM

I am downloading some manuals to put in our section right now. When I get them in, I'll link them here.

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 12:24 PM

If you have a fast connection, this manual may help. But it is huge!!!! I have a 2084 Owners Manual I will upload real soon. I also have a parts manual, but I need to work on it some.

• Alc and case1man have said thanks

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 12:31 PM

Here's the Owners Manual. If you scroll down the Forums page and look to the right side, you will see when I upload the Parts Manual.

• case1man and bwfultz have said thanks

#6 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,355 Thanks
  • 39,630 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 02:42 PM

Here's the Parts Manual! It is 86 pages! Rather large!

• Alc, case1man and bwfultz have said thanks

#7 PaulS OFFLINE  

PaulS
  • Member No: 54972
  • 16 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted March 26, 2014 - 09:53 PM

I have a 2084.  It is my main tractor.  These tractors have the 20 HP command engine.  To shut it down properly, advance the throttle and hit the key.  If you don't do that with a command engine it can and will backfire.  Enough backfires and the head gasket will blow.  Don't ask how I know.  I also at least once a year I remove all the engine shields and do a thorough cleaning of the fins.  This helps greatly in the cool operation of the engine.  The drive shaft has a grease fitting at each end.  About once a year give those a little shot of grease but do not over do it.  That lubes the CV type joints at each end of the drive shaft.  Overdo the grease you get a real greasy mess.  Do not ask how I know.  Mine has nearly 1300 hrs and is still working well.  Oh and if parked anywhere critters can get in check under the rear engine shroud periodically I had a mouse nest and it chewed the kill wire at the top of the engine. 

• Alc and case1man have said thanks

#8 case1man OFFLINE  

case1man
  • Member No: 40153
  • 101 Thanks
  • 106 posts

Posted March 30, 2014 - 07:22 PM

I have a 2084.  It is my main tractor.  These tractors have the 20 HP command engine.  To shut it down properly, advance the throttle and hit the key.  If you don't do that with a command engine it can and will backfire.  Enough backfires and the head gasket will blow.  Don't ask how I know.  I also at least once a year I remove all the engine shields and do a thorough cleaning of the fins.  This helps greatly in the cool operation of the engine.  The drive shaft has a grease fitting at each end.  About once a year give those a little shot of grease but do not over do it.  That lubes the CV type joints at each end of the drive shaft.  Overdo the grease you get a real greasy mess.  Do not ask how I know.  Mine has nearly 1300 hrs and is still working well.  Oh and if parked anywhere critters can get in check under the rear engine shroud periodically I had a mouse nest and it chewed the kill wire at the top of the engine. 

thanks for the advice I am cleaning and tuning up tractor now I hope to give it to my dad or son to use this summer looks to be well built love the power steering will be tough to give up

#9 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 02, 2014 - 07:18 PM

congrats on the new super, you"ll love it.

#10 bwfultz OFFLINE  

bwfultz
  • Member No: 71612
  • 11 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted September 01, 2015 - 11:03 AM

Hey guys, recently acquired a 2084 myself. Really like the looks and setup of this tractor. Looking for some parts for it though. Didn't get any of the hood parts except the upper part of the grille housing with the head lights intact. Needing a hood, left and right side cover or a complete hood assembly. Couple pieces missing on the deck also (pulley shields, 1 wheel carrier on the right front and 1 on the left rear) Anyone have any ideas on where I might be able to pick up any of these reasonably priced? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Also looking for hood assembly for a John Deere 325.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1381.JPG
  • DSCF1384.JPG
  • DSCF1386.JPG
  • DSCF1387.JPG
  • DSCF1393.JPG

• BNK said thank you

#11 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 443 posts

Posted September 03, 2015 - 08:05 AM

It would be best to find a parts tractor if possible because the parts you seek can/will be pricey...new (NOS) or used. The castor assembly for the deck if purchased from a dealer will be a sticker shock! Being a super I'm guessing the deck is a 54"? A 48" deck rollers & castors will fit to include the pulley covers. I have had great service, fast ship from Patton acres for some of my GT ie "Cyclops" part needs. The roller deck wheels...get the good ones with bronze bushings and grease fittings. You will find them from the dealer or on the web is eBay, Amazon. The parts tractor: would be nice to find a super but it don't have to be. Good luck!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cub cadet, garden tractors