Hi guys, thought I would share a restore dad did of this Murray. We were going to junk it ,it was so bad!!
Dad had to deal with a machine that the PO said sat for over 10 YEARS in a garage! The engine sat with gas in oil and was seized! We managed to get the engine unstuck, thank God only flash rust in cylinder. Dad had to rebuild carb ,was left disassembled and lost parts. He got it running and found a bad oil seal on sump. Took engine out and did trick to replace seal with self tapping screw to pull it out. Installed the deck and used it for a while to make sure it was ok. Ran and mowed nice! Surprised how well it moved and felt. Low hour tractor for sure!
We then sanded and repainted it. Turned out one of the nicest one we did! Sold it to a man almost in CT who wanted it so bad, paid us to deliver it.
Here are the pictures ,I will try to get them in order!! :)
A picture of me next to it!
Dad with his fresh restore, done this almost two years ago now!
How we got it!