3 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1517
  • 1 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 05:00 PM

Hey everyone
so today I started working on my Panzer I have a kohler K181 that I am going to put in it. I just wanted to know if I need to raise that engine up at all.

#2 tractormike OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted January 10, 2011 - 09:03 AM

I would have to check but some Panzer models I thought had 2 different engine cradle plates depending on if it was a Briggs or a Kohler engine. I would think that the main thing would be to have the center of the crankshaft at the same height as the center of the driven pulley shaft.

#3 Petenpole OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 70
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 09:01 AM

Yes the Kohler uses a different engine pan. The one for the kohler has r ibs that are approximately 3/8-1/2 inch in height that the 4 Kohler oil pan bolts go through.

This past summer i restored 2 Panzers. One had a new Kohler plate and the second had a B&S plate with 2 pieces of steel approx 2inches wide cut to go between the Kohler and the engine cradle. It worked and looked ok

Also keep in mind you also need to re drill all 4 mounting bolt holes for the kohler as their spacing is not the same as a B&S

Hope this helps

#4 panzertractors OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1170
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted January 25, 2011 - 08:42 PM

It will fit you may have to redrill some holes. I have a factor PA panzer with a k181.