• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 11, 2011 - 09:40 AM

Doug, I gotta make a bracket for mine as well as I don't have the correct piece and after looking at that picture it makes sense to me as to why my dozer blade was so darn heavy to lift. Judging by that pic where the helper spring mounts is like a foot higher then the guide which would definitely help. Now that I have the blade for the Cub I don't know how soon I would get to making a bracket for the Massey dozer blade especially since I love having the snow blower on the 12.

#17 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 11, 2011 - 07:14 PM

I looked in the parts manual and realized that you have the late model blade, I sent you hangar dimensions from my earlier model, sorry about that. I uploaded the MF 730 manual recently in response to a request, which had me looking at that implement, something I hadn't looked at in years. It seems that over time the MF 630 and the MF 730 dozer blades both adopted the same non-reversible wear blade and both lost the skid shoes. I don't know if that represented cost-cutting or a better understanding by AMF/Massey about how consumers were using the tractors and for how long they would typically use them.

Here's a picture of the wear bar (cutting edge) on the blade I have, right now the blade is off the frame and will stand up straight on it's own. Looks like they incorporated the cutting edge and skid shoes into 1 piece that runs the length of the blade.
MF630 008.jpg
The bracket that I have to make, the height will be determined by the spring I use, not going to buy one just use something that I already have.

Attached Thumbnails

• MF630 007.jpg

#18 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 11, 2011 - 07:17 PM

Doug, I gotta make a bracket for mine as well as I don't have the correct piece and after looking at that picture it makes sense to me as to why my dozer blade was so darn heavy to lift. Judging by that pic where the helper spring mounts is like a foot higher then the guide which would definitely help. Now that I have the blade for the Cub I don't know how soon I would get to making a bracket for the Massey dozer blade especially since I love having the snow blower on the 12.

Ever heard the expression 1 tractor, 1 attachment.
Or 1 tractor, 1 summer and 1 winter attachment.

#19 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• Member No: 154
  • 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted January 04, 2013 - 11:49 PM

I have just picked up a late model 630 blade (one piece push rod, no skids) but missing the front hangar and lift assist spring. Would anyone be kind enough to be able to post dimensions please? Alternatively, if they have already been uploaded somewhere, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.... Many thanks!

#20 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 08:05 AM

MFGray, post number 9 in this thread has some measurements of one of the MF style front brackets.  But I'm not sure I'm understanding exactly what you need.  

#21 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:11 AM

I am looking for dimensions of the bracket shown in Tweidman's post No. 5. That one is the right style for the later model. I guess it doesn't have to be, but I thought if I was going to have to make one I might as well use the "correct" design.

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Mine is burried in the back of the barn, but I can get to it if need be. Anyone have one closer to the front of the pile? :D

#23 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 05:24 PM

This is the best picture of the front dozer bracket that I can find and 1 nasty looking MF12Hydra

MF 2 front right view before.JPG

• MFGray said thank you

#24 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:19 PM

Thanks Doug - the MF12 looks nice enough to me.

#25 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:28 PM

MFGray, This is the one that's in the back of the barn, is this the bracket you need measurements on?image.jpg

#26 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 09:07 PM

I was going to go down and measure it, but I ran out of daylight today. I hope it's OK if I can get to it sometime this week. Sorry if I messed you up / let you down.
  • MFGray said thank you

#27 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 01:24 PM

MH81 - Thanks for posting the photo and for the offer of measurements, but the bracket I think I should be making is not the "hoop" type. Instead it is like an elongated triangle, bent over at the top where the helper spring hooks on.
It seems almost everyone has the earlier style of bracket which is a little unusual - normally the later variations are more common, but in this case with the exception of Todd's picture, everyone seems to have the earlier hoop type.

For now, it's not a problem, I can bolt on a couple of bits of angle iron and make do, but it would be nice to make it look right eventually!

#28 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 06:44 PM

MH81 - Thanks for posting the photo and for the offer of measurements, but the bracket I think I should be making is not the "hoop" type. Instead it is like an elongated triangle, bent over at the top where the helper spring hooks on.
It seems almost everyone has the earlier style of bracket which is a little unusual - normally the later variations are more common, but in this case with the exception of Todd's picture, everyone seems to have the earlier hoop type.
For now, it's not a problem, I can bolt on a couple of bits of angle iron and make do, but it would be nice to make it look right eventually!

The one I have is the triangle. I will be able to get you some info this week.
There are a couple pics in the end of this post that show it http://gardentractor...30/#entry172412
  • MFGray said thank you

#29 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yes - that's the one. Any details would be very helpful thanks, (especially the thickness of the steel), but strictly at your convenience, because I am in no rush (a foot of snow might change that of course!)