Want To Upgrade To A Newer Model

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kegger OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54107
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 06:48 PM

I currently have a 1984 / C-105. Other than a motor rebuild 10 years ago this tractor has been nothing but a work horse for me. It owes me nothing. But because of some physical problems I have a lot of trouble getting off and on. I now need something with more of a step through. My main reason for joining this forum was to ask one question. Will the snow plow from this unit work with new models of Wheel horse or even Toro. I want to pick up a tractor with Hydrostatic or something with no shifter in the center.

When I purchased this unit back in 86 I was told that this wheel horse plow was different from other years. Thanks for any and all information you can give me.

From scanning through old posts I saw one where the gentleman said he replaced the plastic rear fender with a 300 or 400 model fender. Where might I find one of these? mine was perfect until a few weeks ago. Backed into the garage while getting unstuck from plowing.

• sacsr said thank you

#2 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,283 Thanks
  • 6,488 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 10:19 PM

Welcome to GTTalk !  Cant help you with you  question but sure there will be others with the answer

#3 sacsr OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 06:19 AM

Welcome to the forum! I am no help either, but some will come along that can.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,669 Thanks
  • 28,318 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 06:47 AM

I looked at the new models of toro. They do not appear to have any of the attachment points that the Wheel Horse line had. It was my understanding that the attach-a-matic system was abandoned around 2000.
Wish they were still on the market, even the last of them were twice the machine as most of the new stuff.

If you find an older WH that has the pass thru you need (I don't know if they ever made one), here is an attachment interchange list that would show you what all it would fit. http://gardentractor...to-2000/#page39

I'm pretty sure you will be looking for a snow plow also.
I was looking at the current manufacturers. Craftsman makes a decent rig for the cost, but the front blade isn't what I would call a dozer blade, more just for light duty.
John Deere and Kubota are still making heavier stuff, but it is expensive.
You might look at Simplicity. They still have Garden Tractors with a nice lineup of attachments. I don't see a good pic of the blade, but they list 42,48,60" blades depending on model with spring trip.
Don't go lower than Prestige, the smaller ones are lawn mowers
Dealer locator: http://www.simplicit.../dealer-locator

• HowardsMF155 said thank you

#5 kegger OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54107
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 07:51 PM

I was sure hoping to use my current dozer blade on a newer model. I have been searching craigslist looking for something but have not found any. Thanks for the attachment interchange list. It may come in handy.

#6 Gabriel OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 09:52 PM

#7 baerpath OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted March 02, 2014 - 01:15 PM

Your blade will work on ones upto the 500 series (516-518-520) or as far back as 1973 tractors  Steel fenders aren't hard to find Put a want add up on Redsquare   http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/
  There are quite a few parts guy's in PA that would have fenders or whole tractors.

Edited by baerpath, March 02, 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#8 Racinbob OFFLINE  

• Member No: 55951
  • 69 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 08:29 AM

Your blade will work on the models already mentioned and on models up to the 2007 Classic GT. That's the last year for this style Wheel Horse. Unfortunately your issue with the step thru won't be any better. Yes, the fender swap will work and is very easy. Redsquare is a good place to find one as is Ebay.