• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 07:59 PM

Here is a similar thread for some ideas. Thanks for sharing yours. Caseguy and I have a lot of work to do this winter for ours. As we get into it, we'll all have to share notes.
http://gardentractor...-gt-games-7139/
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#257 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 09:10 PM

MH81,
I looked at the forum you had attached, and you guys have some really good ideas. Thanks a bunch for the help!

I saw you guys were looking at building a teeter totter. The wheel horse one is nice. There is a group of guys over in Myerstown, PA that have one, and they really came up with some unique ideas as well. They basically started with an "I" beam that is roughly 8" high, and the webs are about 6" wide. The beam rests on two pieces of 2" thick steel, one on each end. The platform resembles a hay wagon bed, and is about 8' in length, by about 6' in width. Anyway, they have different sized widths of flat steel that they place on top on the "I" beam, for the platform to rest on. The widest piece of steel is around 4", the next size is about 2 1/2" wide, and narrowest piece is about 1 1/2" wide. After everyone takes their first attempt on the 4" piece of steel, they lift the edges of the platform, place the 2 1/2" wide piece on top, and set the platform back down on top. The narrower the piece, the harder it is to balance the platform. You slowly work your way through all of the participants, until you finally have only one left. They even made a custom trailer for it to transport it around to area tractor shows and fairs. If we can't get one made in time for next year's show, I think I might ask to rent it, and bring it along.

I really like George's idea for a Garden Tractor tug of war. The time it would involve though may be a challenge, since the show grounds do Garden Tractor pulls each day. Which would bring up another question. I'd like to keep the games to just stock tractors, will we be offending the guys that have modified tractors? I'm afraid if we let those individuals participate, we are taking a big chance of someone getting seriously hurt. I just picture two modified tractors doing the tug of war, at full throttle, and the rope or chain breaks. Can we get them stopped in time before they run over somebody? Just something to think about.

Keep the ideas coming guys. I'm taking notes, and hoping to use them all, if time allows.

#258 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for the pictures jim, there may even be one in there i missed on the count, sorry i didn't get to see you much before you left .....it got really busy

#259 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 10:07 PM

If we do the tug of war I think it needs to be stock tractors in a couple of weight classes. If you use clevises and a rigging strap you don't have to worry about the safety factor of the strap breaking and hitting anyone like a chain would.

#260 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 11:07 PM

Game I always thought would be good is the 4 wheel wagon backing. I can imagine a lot of guys having a lot of fun with that.

#261 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2133
  • 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 01:53 PM

www.youtube.com/hammerdwn20
sorry i forgot to link my channel

I hope to have my 1250 ready for next years show!

Edited by hammerdwn20, August 25, 2011 - 02:00 PM.

#262 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 02:11 PM

If we do the tug of war I think it needs to be stock tractors in a couple of weight classes. If you use clevises and a rigging strap you don't have to worry about the safety factor of the strap breaking and hitting anyone like a chain would.

Your just not thinking big chain!!big chain.jpg

#263 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 02:13 PM

Your just not thinking big chain!![ATTACH=CONFIG]19730[/ATTACH]

That would be a competition in itself just to try and move that chain LOL.

#264 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,869 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for the pics George. Love those aerial shoots.
Almost like being there. Wish I could put a name to those faces though.
Lots for signatures on the banner too.

#265 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 04:29 PM

Hammerdwn20,

Maybe if you bring along a tractor with a backhoe attachment, we could set up a game of setting up different sized balls on top of road cones, and letting "members" use the rear bucket to remove the balls from the cones, without dropping them, or knocking over the cones, and placing the balls into a bucket. I don't know how fussy you are with other guys operating your equipment, that's why I said "members". If you're not interested, that fine also. I understand completely. It would be a good challenge for guys that never operated a backhoe before, and maybe we could time each contestant, and make a game out it. Just a thought, no pressure!

#266 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,479 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted August 26, 2011 - 04:21 AM

George, got through the pics. They are all winners, thanks for taking and posting them.

#267 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 26, 2011 - 04:47 AM

George, got through the pics. They are all winners, thanks for taking and posting them.

:ditto:

#268 Blazer OFFLINE  

Blazer

• Member No: 5894
  • 29 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 03:02 PM

Well after spending last weekend at the Extravaganza and meeting so many nice folks from GTT I decided to join the GTT forums.

It was a great show and I never imagined so many GTs and attachments in one spot.

And to comment on the tractors games. At a local show we do the 4 wheeled wagon backing with my narrow front and wagon sometimes. It is a good time! Some can get it right in and some fight it all the way.
There is another game that is a lot of fun also. Take a long rope and tie a hitch pin in the center of it. Then use two tractors, each operator sets on the rope and as a team they must drop the pin into a hole in a wooden block or even a can of some sort. Oh and the pin must NOT touch the ground both operators have to move together back and forth to get the pin lined up. And if they pull too hard the rope slips out from under them. It is a lot of fun!

Jeff Kerr
  • MH81 and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#269 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 07:08 PM

Well after spending last weekend at the Extravaganza and meeting so many nice folks from GTT I decided to join the GTT forums.

It was a great show and I never imagined so many GTs and attachments in one spot.

And to comment on the tractors games. At a local show we do the 4 wheeled wagon backing with my narrow front and wagon sometimes. It is a good time! Some can get it right in and some fight it all the way.
There is another game that is a lot of fun also. Take a long rope and tie a hitch pin in the center of it. Then use two tractors, each operator sets on the rope and as a team they must drop the pin into a hole in a wooden block or even a can of some sort. Oh and the pin must NOT touch the ground both operators have to move together back and forth to get the pin lined up. And if they pull too hard the rope slips out from under them. It is a lot of fun!

Jeff Kerr

Jeff I am glad you joined us and I am glad you enjoyed the show.

I love the rope pin game idea. That sounds like a lot of fun, actually I can see a few people (like me) hogging the game all day LOL

#270 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 08:12 PM

Jeff I am glad you joined us and I am glad you enjoyed the show.

I love the rope pin game idea. That sounds like a lot of fun, actually I can see a few people (like me) hogging the game all day LOL

Sounds like an interesting game that requires very little investment so you could easily have multiple games going at the same time.