274 replies to this topic

#241 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 04:09 PM

Video looks good george, glad we didn't have to get the bows out to get you out of any tree tops, lol.
Wish they could of gotten you up on saturday, when everything was full and the sale was going on.

#242 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 04:37 PM

Thanks for all the hard work that went into the video and pictures. I got through the first 200. It would be a real treat to see all the different GT's at the same venue. It makes for an interesting study in the different features and designs used by different manufacturers. My favourite so far is the Husky 1886 with the trailer on it. Real Sweeeet!!

#243 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,439 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for the ride along, George. Great video. Great lead in, too.

#244 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 05:13 PM

I forgot to mention on my post with the video that it was taken on Friday evening. We had a thunderstorm go through that lasted for about 45 minutes and then we went up about an hour and a half after the storm went through. If we could have gone up on Saturday that would have been even better due to the number of people and tractors that were there but the owner of the helicopter was scheduled to have the helicopter in Lancaster for an air show on Saturday.

#245 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 08:12 PM

Thanks for the pics.Great Job my friend.I couldn't have done it without you.ThanksJosh
  • Littledeere said thank you

#246 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 09:47 PM

It was a great show, man it would have been great to have had a fly over on Saturday.Hope to see you next year maybe I will get to bring more Tractors next year.All you guys that did not make it this year make your plans it's the largest bunch of Lawn and Garden in one spot I have seen

#247 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 09:47 PM

Guy's,

I've been asked to help out for next year's show, with Garden Tractor Games. I said I would, but I'm going to need some help and some ideas. I have a list of games below that I came up with, but please give some ideas to ones that you may know about, so that we can include them for our activities.

1) Slow Moving Contest: go as slow as you can without using brakes and without stalling. (separate race for gear drive and hydro. drive)
2) Fast Moving Contest: go as fast as you can with a plastic spoon in your mouth holding a ping pong ball. (separate race for gear drive and hydro. drive)
3) Coil the Snake: get a 25' chain or rope, that is stretched out straight, completely into a 3' radius circle. (timed event / separate race for gear drive and hydro. drive)
4) Blind Fold Contest: get as close to the finish line as you can without going past.
5) Horse Lead Contest: drive through an obstacle course while blind folded, and your spouse leading you like a horse. (timed event)
6) Backing Contest: back a two wheeled and four wheeled trailer through an obstacle course.
7) Parallel Parking: park your tractor parallel to a railroad tie, and between two road cones without hitting anything. (timed event)

Maybe we could even do a Garden Tractor Square Dance or Rodeo? This would have to be practiced with guys that arrive on Thursday or Friday, so we could possibly be ready for a Sunday morning display. Anybody know how to call square dancing? Just an idea.

Teeter Totter is fun, where you try and balance your tractor on a platform, but if we can't find one, we would have to make one. Maybe some of us local guys can get together from now until then, and we could get one in the planning stages, and eventually build one for next years show? We can make it big enough to include the Farm Tractor drivers.

I will also need some help in running and setting up these events at the show, so if any of you would be interested in helping out, drop me a notification in my profile. I'll get back to you just as soon as I can. You don't have to be a local to sign up or help out. We can all get together the morning of each day, and discuss how to layout each event, and who will be helping with each event. With the events that are listed above, and with the events that you guys suggest, maybe we could get the whole family envolved, and have the spouse's and kid's join in on the fun! Every event would be for fun only, so we don't have to worry about being competitive and beating anyone. We just want to have a little extra seat time, and play time! After all, we all still have a little kid in us, don't we?

#248 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 09:57 PM

Don't you ever sleep troy?,
i've got a four wheel steer trailer, maybe we can set cones out and see who can back it in.

#249 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 22, 2011 - 10:03 PM

That's a start! That's what we need and what we're looking for. If you bring it, we will use it.

I'm still to excited from the show to sleep. LOL

#250 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 08:30 AM

I think some sort of tug of war based on weight class would be kind of cool. Might be a little too time consuming though to really pull something like that off.

#251 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 11:04 AM

I'm not really active on this forum but I have been following this thread. I just wanted to thank Josh, Dan, and George for all their work to put this show on. It was my first time showing anything at a GT event and my wife and I had a lot of fun. I had the MTD 990 and the Troy-bilt GTX18.

Thanks again.
If anyone's interested, my pics from the show can be seen at

http://s85.photobuck...s 11/?start=all
put it on slideshow and enjoy
  • NUTNDUN, grand, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#252 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,628 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 11:09 AM

Canawler, thanks for the thanks to the above mentioned guys for their work. We'd love to see you become active with us here. Nothing wrong with being active at more than one forum.

#253 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 11:20 AM

I'm not really active on this forum but I have been following this thread. I just wanted to thank Josh, Dan, and George for all their work to put this show on. It was my first time showing anything at a GT event and my wife and I had a lot of fun. I had the MTD 990 and the Troy-bilt GTX18.

Canawler, I am glad you made it to the show and thank you for sharing your pics. Next time come up and visit or get my attention while I am out and about, would love to meet ya.

#254 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 11:20 AM

Don't you ever sleep troy?,
i've got a four wheel steer trailer, maybe we can set cones out and see who can back it in.

We got Troy all excited just like a kid at Christmas time :D

#255 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,439 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted August 23, 2011 - 04:50 PM

Canawler, Hang around and post a bit. Thanks for the link to your pics. Vote for featured tractor. Just enjoy yourself.