• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 07:07 AM

WOW is right! That is one heck of a show! If I could ever make such a trip for a show, that would be the one to see! Looking forward the the tons of pics!

#198 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 07:19 AM

That looks like such a good time. I am going to try to get there next year. Keep the pictures coming George and have a great time.

#199 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 05:27 PM

I just got home from the tractor show, left a little early to help my wife with her shower. I got there before 7 this morning and people were already coming in with loads of garden tractors. Some had 1 or 2 and some had big trailer loads.They eventually stole some of the spectator parking to make room for the GT's. This event I was told had 39 GT's last year. George and Halfscale did separate counts and both came up with over 600 GT's and walk behinds at the show.

I got to meet quite a lot of members from the site.Thanks to all that stopped by.I'm not going to list everyone right now,but hopefully later.

George will be posting pictures, but please be patient. He is still there and the club hosting this event wants him to video the tractor pulling tonight. There were a good many big guys rolling in just for the big tractor pulls tonight and it may run quite late.
  • KennyP said thank you

#200 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 07:10 PM

Grand it was great meeting you and everyone. It was a great show today, a very fun and friendly atmosphere.
There were a ton a rare machines there. I look forward to coming back tomorrow with my newly purchased GTtalk T-shirt.
I walked around with George and he was snapping a ton of pics, so there should be more than enough to keep anyone busy.

#201 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 09:05 PM

Josh and George, Let me just say, awsome, awsome show! Excellent! Thank you so much for the invitation, and putting on a spectacular show. It was nice to finally get to meet some of the members, Brandon and Kate, and to see such a variety of different garden tractors. Thank you so much! It was well worth the trip.

As for the members who couldn't make it this time, take it for what it's worth, it really was a nice show. The turn out was just overwhelming. To you who have to travel a long distance, please do what you can to join us next year. You really will have a great time, and see some very rare items, that you thought you would only see in pictures. I don't have one complaint about the show. Josh and George did a superb job on the organization and layout, and would check in with each of us members to make sure we were happy and having a good time. That alone, meant that they weren't just looking for a large amount of tractors, but to show that they cared enough, to make sure you come again. My hats off to both of them, because I know it wasn't easy putting this show together. So Josh and George, Congrats, to organizing one of the best shows that I've ever been to. Looking forward to next year already!!!!

#202 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 09:34 PM

George said we were going to save space for johndeereelfman (Troy) at the show. Troy said that he hadn't been to a tractor show in 8 years. I said to him today from last night's post that he must have had a good time. He said that he sure did and from tonight's post, I am certainly glad that he enjoyed the show. Troy is a wonderful person to talk with and his children came with him today and are a joy to be around. It has turned out to be a great show.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#203 truck21 ONLINE  

truck21

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2813
  • 431 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 10:04 PM

I must agree with everything johndeereelfman says, it was a true pleasure to be lucky enough to be able to attend this show. I am new to this tractor hobby and have only been to a couple of shows but I don`t see how it could be any better. I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Troy for allowing me to work side by side with him the last couple of weeks. Also BIG THANK YOU to George for all of his help getting this newbie on the right track. You helped hook me on the tractors so I will return the favor with slotcars LOL. I see this as the start of a great thing and if I can help in any way please ask.
Thank you to all who worked hard to put this thing together I am sure most are very happy you all did it.

THANKS DON.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#204 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 10:25 PM

It is late and I am officially in zombi mode but I want to throw a big thanks out to Josh for doing a lot of the leg work, Kate and Brandon it was great to finally meet in person and I want to thank you for coming to the show and hosting the event.

I also want to thank all of our members who made it to the show so far. It was wonderful meeting all of you and I want to apologize that I didn't have more of a chance to be able to talk tractors and shoot the bull.

We went to dinner tonight and then we took our little girl to the local carnival for the second night in a row because she has been a trooper through the whole weekend. I was planning on going back down to the show to video the farm tractor pulls tonight yet but I just don't have any energy left. Will be back at the show in the morning but probably not as early as I have been.

It is awesome seeing all of the member names on the back of the banner, thank you all for signing the back of it and I will make sure I take a pic of it to post. I think we are well over 500 pics with more coming tomorrow. I want to apologize ahead of time if I happened to miss snapping a pic of anyone's tractor, I try to make sure that I get them all.

#205 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 10:30 PM

George, It sounds like y'all had a great show, sorry I missed this one. I hope you can get some rest, and enjoy the rest of the show tomorrow. I can't wait to see all the pictures and chat about the show. Have a good night. Way to go on working time in with your daughter during this busy weekend, you rock "DAD".....

#206 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,612 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 11:09 PM

I had such a great time today , everyone whom organized and worked hard to put on the show did a fantastic job . George , his wife and father made me feel so welcomed . Really enjoyed talking with the other members. People in general were so friendly. Thanks again , Al

#207 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 11:54 PM

Glad you all had a great turn out! Gotta figure out how take vacation time for next year. Would really love to see you all and the GTs' Randy G.

#208 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted August 21, 2011 - 04:23 AM

My thanks to everyone for the updates. Sounds like everyone is having a great time.

#209 hammerdwn20 OFFLINE  

hammerdwn20

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2133
  • 98 Thanks
  • 274 posts

Posted August 21, 2011 - 12:57 PM

I was there yesterday. met Grand and bought a GTT shirt. I would have liked to meet more members. Next year we need name tags with our user names. I came back around to the tent but i believe nutndun was chatting.
Posting the videos to my Youtube channel now

#210 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted August 21, 2011 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for everyone who attended the show. It was a lot of hard work but it was well worth it. I have to take special thanks to George and his Dad for coming in and helping with laying of the show. There would be no way that I would have been able to do this show without their help and support. I want to say thanks to Dan and Jim Kehr for all of their promotional hard work throughout this past year. I also want to say thanks to Brandon and Kate for giving me the opportunity to put this show on. We are going to do it again next year. So stay tuned for more information on this show. Lastly I want to thank all of the members of GT Talk for coming. The final count was over 650 garden tractors!!
Thanks Again,
Josh Deaven