grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted August 17, 2011 - 08:27 PM

George and I hauled most of our tractors to the show site today. We also put up the new canopy that he bought. It will definitely provide some needed shade. We will take the rest of our stuff over tomorrow and finish the GTTalk area. It should be a busy day with some more folks showing up with their tractors. Hope to see as many members as possible.

#182 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 17, 2011 - 08:42 PM

Five tractors loaded for tomorrows trip, six more to go for Friday morning! I'm kind of looking forward to the show, just for rest and relaxation. LOL

#183 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 17, 2011 - 09:46 PM

Five tractors loaded for tomorrows trip, six more to go for Friday morning! I'm kind of looking forward to the show, just for rest and relaxation. LOL

We have plenty of room for ya. We should be there most of the day unless we make a quick trip to the house for something.

#184 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1218
  • 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted August 18, 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hope to see you guys tomorrow!!!, Im leaving out here about 7 so hompefully I should be there my 9am.

#185 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted August 18, 2011 - 09:57 PM

The garden tractors have been rolling into the show. It has been nice to see some members from previous shows and a real treat to meet some members that I hadn't met before. The club that is hosting the show is doing everything possible to make this a memorable show. Please stop by the GTTalk tent as you make your way around the show. Looking forward to see as many members as possible.
  • KennyP said thank you

#186 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,616 posts

Posted August 18, 2011 - 10:06 PM

I want to wish safe travels and much enjoyment to all the GTT members going to the show. I would love to have made it, but I can't this year.

Everyone remember their cameras and sunscreen. Also, don't forget your GTTalk shirts and hats. Spread the word and I will be waiting for the pics!

Have a great time everyone!

#187 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 04:32 AM

Grand, thanks for the update. Glad to hear it will get a good turnout. Will be waiting for pics and videos. Have a great time.

#188 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 11:22 AM

I came home to be with my wife when the visiting nurse comes by to change the dressing on her leg. It is attached to a vacuum pump that is supposed to help the healing. Seems to be helping so far.
There were quite a lot of tractors still coming into the show grounds this morning. Great to see such a big turn out. I also got to meet some members from the site.Looks like it will be a very good show.

Check out the club's website to see pictures from previous shows. www.oldetymedays.org.

Edited by grand, August 19, 2011 - 11:33 AM.

#189 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 06:38 PM

Hope the wife gets healed up real soon, grand. Thanks for the updates. Glad you got to meet some members, too. Good luck in all!

#190 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 06:41 PM

Yes, hope she heals fast & completely! Sure do wish I could come to the show, but this is ALWAYS a super busy time farming for me. I could never make any show this time of year. I'll be there in spirit!

#191 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for the thoughts. She is on her way to walking again. I know that she can't wait.

We are watching the youngest grandson (9 years old) and I took him along today. He enjoyed watching the tractor pulls.(the big guys) A storm blew through after lunch and slowed things down for awhile. Most of the garden tractor pulls got washed out,but they will pull again tomorrow and the weather should be fine.
I got to meet 2 members this morning. I met Nascar3244888 and Earthgrinder. Both are wonderful fellows to chat with. Neither is displaying at this show but were interested in checking out the event and I'm glad they stopped by to say hello.

Early this evening, tractors were still coming in. I will be very curious to find out the garden tractor count for the show. I also had a chance to meet Bolens 32. He had spoken with George earlier and said that he had a Bolens walk behind for sale. I ended up buying it but the really great thing was that he let me take a spin on his Bolens ridemaster. This may have been the only time I will get to drive one. George as usual will have to post some pictures, so please be patient.
More updates tomorrow.
  • KennyP and JDBrian have said thanks

#192 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 08:34 PM

This show is awsome! Man, what an unbelieveable turnout for Lawn and Garden tractors! I know there are more garden tractors than there are farm tractors. This organization has to be impressed with the turnout. I thought I heard someone say 450 garden tractors as of today? Great turnout and what a wonder group of guys to talk to and share stories with. I'm pretty sure I'll be back again new year.
  • KennyP and JDBrian have said thanks

#193 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 09:53 PM

It is turning out to be a terrific show with a lot of nice stuff to check out. Hoping to make it through tomorrow to get pictures of everything. I have taken a lot of pictures so far but most of them have been action shots. We also got to go up in a Bell Jet Ranger helicopter and got some high definition video from that and will post it once things settle down.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't right around 500 garden tractors there already. Please as a reminder for those coming to the show with tractors, please register and list all of your tractors that you brought and not just one. Even if you don't know the year just right down the make and model for each one.

Here are a couple of teasers pics. Tomorrow is going to be a big day. I am beat and getting up early to get to the show early tomorrow. Will post more when I have time.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0100.jpg
  • DSC_0095.jpg
  • DSC_0055.jpg
  • DSC_0075.jpg
  • DSC_0040.jpg
  • DSC_0088.jpg
  • DSC_0111.jpg

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, IamSherwood and 1 other said thanks

#194 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,203 posts

Posted August 19, 2011 - 10:17 PM

WOW!!!!

Looks like a good turnout.
I definitely got to try and make it next year

#195 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted August 20, 2011 - 05:16 AM

Thanks for the updates, guys. Grand, happy to hear the wife is in the mend. George, thanks for the teasers. Hope you got a good rest.
Copter rides are lots of fun, only one I got a ride in was being shot at. That's not much fun.