• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 01:14 PM

I thought that I had posted(not sure) so that a site member could get it. It looked in nice condition. It was about an hour from me but I just didn't feel like taking the ride with the van and trailer. I have a yellow one. There are two orange ones in my area and I hope to talk the owners out of them. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, February 27, 2014 - 01:16 PM.

• trowel said thank you

#17 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 01:46 PM

Heh, look through CL at least two times a week along with all the other things i look at, hard to remember.

There was a few Landlords and Allis b-10 in CT this winter but the Squire really got me, took two light pick up trucks to get it and all the attachments.

Next i should look for a 725 or B-1.

Good luck with the orange ones and be sure to show us, i am still watching for early Homelites for you, as soon a one pops i will PM you.

Edited by trowel, February 27, 2014 - 01:48 PM.

• boyscout862 and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 02:30 PM

Ah, here is the other Simple cart i was thinking of, in Sunderland, Mass : http://westernmass.c...4304050887.html

• boyscout862 said thank you

#19 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 05:53 PM

The Zagray Farm events usually have some Simplicity and Allis equipment for sale. The 12APR14 swap in Plainfield, CT is a good shot at finding attachments. Good Luck, Rick

• trowel said thank you

#20 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 08:35 PM

I think one of the things being missed here, is the fact that this is a walk-behind attachment, and really has nothing to do with lawn moor or Broadmoor or any riding type tractor. Some  walker attachments in the simp line , are hard ti find and do command a good price. Things like the riding sulky with the hay rake, this hauling cart, the table saw, and the two way plow, the cord wood saw, are hard to find  and pricey when you do find them. I've owned and sold all of these but the plow and got a premium price out of them, even out here in the middle of the states.

• IamSherwood and boyscout862 have said thanks

#21 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 08:41 PM

No doubt with that, i do not own a Simple walk behind and it would not fir the DB so i thought it would be neat behind the rider with the girlfriend on the seat :thumbs:

As alwasy i try to find someone who collects Simple walk behinds for these things but no responces yet.

Sometimes i buy these things and resell later to collectors like you did.

Edited by trowel, February 27, 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#22 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 09:47 PM

The Zagray Farm events usually have some Simplicity and Allis equipment for sale. The 12APR14 swap in Plainfield, CT is a good shot at finding attachments. Good Luck, Rick

By 12APR14 do you mean april 12 2014 ?, i would like to go to that one, hopfully on a weekend, missed all the one in CT last year along with several in Mass.

#23 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 07:17 AM

I totally agree Simplicitys are undervalued and that they are well built machines. I have a Landlord that started all this tractor madness for me many years ago and it has certainly earned it's keep before I started restoring it. But they don't command big dollars. If it was a Bantam dump cart in that condition, then yeah he may be in line with $400 or more. I think one of the things that plagues Simplicitys is the irony behind the name - they are anything but simple to work on. Just about anything you need to do requires tearing down the entire dash tower and/or literally splitting the tractor in half.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20130628_115514_883.jpg

• trowel and boyscout862 have said thanks

#24 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 07:21 AM

BTW - the cart in Sunderland, MA belongs to a guy by the name of George - I know him well - recognize his phone number. He's a great guy. He goes to all the shows - Zagray etc.

• trowel said thank you

#25 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 07:30 AM

BTW - the cart in Sunderland, MA belongs to a guy by the name of George - I know him well - recognize his phone number. He's a great guy. He goes to all the shows - Zagray etc.

My uncle sold him a Briggs 23D late this summer, we think the one pictured for $ 225 on CL has some parts off it or is the engine but could be wrong, he deals with him sometimes.

I can't remember his face to the name but is sure i have run into him before at engine/tractor shows.

#26 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 08:14 AM

By 12APR14 do you mean april 12 2014 ?, i would like to go to that one, hopfully on a weekend, missed all the one in CT last year along with several in Mass.

Yes, old habits die hard. I still use the 24 hour clock too. You can take the soldier out of the Army but the Army stays in the soldier.

The one in Plainfield (Haul of Fame Museum Annex) starts off the shows and swaps around here. They hand out the summer's schedule of shows. Its only about 10 miles from my house and I've enjoyed taking my son to it for many years. Now as a college student he didn't go to the last one. Its only several miles off of I-395. I plan to take a trailer this year. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, February 28, 2014 - 08:15 AM.

• trowel said thank you

#27 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 08:40 AM

Thanks, no probs, Have family members that served too.

I will mark it on the calender and make it a point to go there. By bringing a trailer i take there usually always are good deals and steals there.

#28 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 09:26 AM

Sometimes and they go early. Last year was a small running diesel for a couple hundred but I had no way to carry it home. Usually its smaller stuff but you never know. Years ago my son got a civil war era cadet musket in poor condition. Everyone thought that it was a toy but I told him what it really was. He got it for $10 and considers it one of his treasures. Three years ago an aquaintence got an actual Smith Carbine there(rare Civil War Cavalry weapon). Six years ago a tube frame Bolens with an FEL went for $300, the guy didn't even get to park before someone walked up and bought it. Five years ago I got a tiller attachment for a Simplicity for $25. You just never know. Its part of the thrill of the hunt. It is small, weather dependant and you have to get there early. Good Luck, Rick

• trowel said thank you

#29 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 07:18 PM

I will try, talked to Steve today, he has been to that one also and made off with a bunch of cool stuff/parts.

Swap meets are a fav. of mines, 20 years of hunting for stuff and it never gets old, the fire burns hot.

Hope we see good weather that weekend.