#31 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 11:12 AM

The Amish or Minonites do not mind being photo documented but we don't care much for it, there has been several occasions when i approached people to remind them that permission is to be asked before pictures are taken of us and only of certain things. See it as a breach of privacy even though it is in plain veiw in open fields and laws ok it, you have to remember, insurance is sky high right now, and there are a lot of bored people poking their noses were it don't belong.

Mass is tight, i miss the open southern Ohio valleys, makes for long driving though.

Everything it tight or DOT rams is were the sun don't shine, not a solid :(  is given on the side roads, side roads are 60 Mph short cuts, we just can't get out of the way fast enough for the soccer moms.

I really feel for the market farmers in the valley, they really have it hard on the roads.

Thankfully the equipment is all within 8 1/2 feet, that is the nice thing about the old baler with the 7 feet head and the center feed Hesston.

#32 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 11:14 AM

Gabriel

in our neck of the woods we call your planter a split row. THEY ARE REALLY NICE. Our beans are planted in 30" rows most are that way here , a few are split row and the rest are 8" drilled beans, but watch out for white mold and weed issues with those drilled beans.

What do you shoot for population wise for beans over there, ? We try for 125,000-140,000 per acre most beans here are 2.1-2.5 too whats yours?

We plant ours in 15" rows. I'm not sure what population. I will ask my dad(I don't run the planter yet). Our Kinze has been really nice!

• trowel said thank you

#33 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 11:15 AM

I know some people like to be very carful, but I don't understand why when you pull way off the road, giving them plenty of room, they still stay as far over as they can and sometimes go slow. Maybe they think it will jump out at them. I guess you can't blame someone for being carful.

Fear of the unknown, what was so common is now scary.

Common sense do not apply anymore, kind of like firearms, many seem to think the gun will jump up and shoot you if you scare it !

#34 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 27, 2014 - 11:17 AM

We all love the soccor moms espically when they are late for little Johnys game. 

• trowel said thank you

#35 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 11:21 AM

Heard solid remarks and uplifting stories of the Kinze when compared with Deere's, prices is lower with solid quality and avalibility of parts is good with some of the older models but i could be wrong, see them everywere in southern Ohio and Indiana.

Too much seeder for around here, Cole (planet Jr) is more common around here.

Some of the big boys have Kinzes but on 7 feet folding tool bars.

Edited by trowel, February 27, 2014 - 11:23 AM.

• Gabriel said thank you

#36 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 27, 2014 - 11:21 AM

You guys out east have a lot more BS to deal with than us. There are a lot of farmers out this way , doing more and more evening and night work, just to get away from the hassle . They even go as far as moving equipment from farm to farm at 2 am just to get away from the tourists .
  • trowel said thank you

#37 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 27, 2014 - 11:23 AM

We have a lot of Kinze planters here too.  a little nicer design, and simpler too. 

• trowel and Gabriel have said thanks

#38 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 11:27 AM

You guys out east have a lot more BS to deal with than us. There are a lot of farmers out this way , doing more and more evening and night work, just to get away from the hassle . They even go as far as moving equipment from farm to farm at 2 am just to get away from the tourists .

Forget night time driving, the though scares me to death. Mass is just very tight.

We have a lot of Kinze planters here too.  a little nicer design, and simpler too. 

Is it gear/shaft driven or uses a chain case ?

• Gabriel said thank you

#39 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 27, 2014 - 11:34 AM

The Kinze should be shaft drive , If it is a newer Kinze... then the seed is vacuum metered to the furrow for better placement.

#40 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 11:41 AM

Forgive me,  more in tune with old school style seeder drills with brushes and seed plates.

With the Kinze i would imagen that only pelletized fertilizer can be used with the newer vacumm metered ones ?

• Gabriel said thank you

#41 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 27, 2014 - 12:29 PM

No worries.

Gabriel's planter will not apply fertilizer , seed only .  Fertilizer would be applied either before or after planting.  Easier for the farmer that way,  less stopping, etc more acres per day.   

#42 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 02:29 PM

Yes, it is a shaft drive(I guess that's what you would call it). It does have a shaft that drives the chains, that drive the meters. There is no chain case. For the corn, it uses a finger pickup meter and for beans it uses a seed plate. Our bean population is 180,000 per acre. The goal is that you'll have 150,000 to 160,000 per acre germinate. Our beans are 3.5.

• trowel said thank you

#43 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 27, 2014 - 02:58 PM

Gabriel

What day corn do you guys plant?

We plant 95-105 here

• Gabriel said thank you

#44 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted February 27, 2014 - 08:24 PM

We plant 110-115 day corn. In those pictures you shared, is that your most current combine? It looks like a JD 6600 maybe?

#45 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 27, 2014 - 09:14 PM

You got a good eye.  That's our old 6600 with a 6 row head you have to go slow cause the machine is at peak capacity.  Our newer 7720 is twice the machine.  

Even the dairy farmers here plant 110-114 day corn, but that is planted late April for corn silage, the only reason they plant the later hybrids is t hat they are taller varieties.  

Much Anhydrous AMonia put on over there?

• Gabriel said thank you