Garden Tractor Forums banner

Will This Winter Ever Give Way To Spring?

1K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  MFDAC 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We have had below zero temps agin here for the last 4 or 5 days. Mostly at night but they say that tomorrow during the day may be the coldest of the winter so far. They are expecting wind chills of -35* to -40* to night and most all day tomorrow. Best we had was a day of nearly 45* ladt week when we shoveled the roof. I for one am ready to tell mothernature" I GIVE UP ALREADY". Roger.

#6 ·
I pumped gas into my pickup at a local station over the weekend . Dual tanks on truck . First tank -ok . On second tank I noticed some spillage so I thought it must be my mistake , but no it wasn't . The seal on the swivel joint had fatigued over the winter's cold weather .

Since we are obligated to report spills - I did so and explained the problem . Even the gas pump nozzles and swivels are complaining .

#8 ·
:( :hitting_self_roller: :say_what: :wtf:

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Snow Slope Freezing Font Gas

Snow Fence Plant Tree Freezing

Attachments

#12 ·
We are high of mid 20's all this week, wind chills making it bitter. predicstions of sleet/ice/snow mix Sunday night, kids might get another snow day Monday.

I was done with this in December.

#14 ·
We are getting some much needed rain here this morning. Maybe they will lift the burn ban so we can charcoal some good food!

#18 ·
What make it even worse I was planning on leaving at 3 today to go home till monday morning, and if its going to snow that much I can't risk not being able to get back to work or burning a vacation day because the baby is coming and I need all my vacation!
Ya, I'm with you...I was in the office at lunch and they are considering not letting us go home this weekend either. I'm usually pretty quiet but I'm telling you ENOUGH with the -14F windchill !!! I'm wanting to snuggle the wife not this flip-pen office trailer space heater..Where is that GLOBAL WARMING stuff, sure not in Ohio....

Reactions: toomanytoys84
#22 ·
Next Tuesday will be 5 months of winter. Our first snow this winter was Oct 4th with 31" here and over 5 feet up in the hills. Supposed to get 6-12 inches tonite and tomorrow with 40 mph wind only it will be 30 degrees colder than the October blizzard! -15*F tonight and tomorrow night they are saying, Fine time to be on call at work. The old saying that used to go around here is looking kinda accurate this year---"There are 2 seasons in the Black Hills, Winter and the Fourth of July"!

DAC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.