Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Chief Tractors Owners With Starter/gen...does This Look Right?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Pete 22 OFFLINE  

Pete 22
  • Member No: 66621
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 10:28 AM

I have been having charging problums on my Chief 1000 w/ snowblower living on the Canadian border, I can see the Thousand Island Bridge from here I used a batt charger. Very long driveway, do enough to get out, charge, cleanup and parking lot later. I was given an Ariens walk behind used it once bad tranny, carb issues not fun. Got the Chief going hood bolts hold the best part on the walk behind hee hee, 2- 50 lb tractor weights another freebe. Watertown, NY got the record low in the 48 last winter -36 degrees I'm 20 miles north. Still cold to get much done on the tractors here have several. The Chief will be fixed soon. Bolens G-14 with a heavy unknown plow blade first got it running with a bobbin system I made. I didn't get it running with a blower in time to try it pics on my area, THANK YOU ALL.

#17 Pete 22 OFFLINE  

Pete 22
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 10:40 AM

file://localhost/Users/josephfluckiger/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202015-04-24%20at%2011.38.41%20AM.png

#18 Pete 22 OFFLINE  

Pete 22
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted April 24, 2015 - 10:41 AM

I have been having charging problums on my Chief 1000 w/ snowblower living on the Canadian border, I can see the Thousand Island Bridge from here I used a batt charger. Very long driveway, do enough to get out, charge, cleanup and parking lot later. I was given an Ariens walk behind used it once bad tranny, carb issues not fun. Got the Chief going hood bolts hold the best part on the walk behind hee hee, 2- 50 lb tractor weights another freebe. Watertown, NY got the record low in the 48 last winter -36 degrees I'm 20 miles north. Still cold to get much done on the tractors here have several. The Chief will be fixed soon. Bolens G-14 with a heavy unknown plow blade first got it running with a bobbin system I made. I didn't get it running with a blower in time to try it pics on my area, THANK YOU ALL.

#19 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,264 Thanks
  • 1,767 posts

Posted April 26, 2015 - 06:58 PM

My chief 800 doesn't charge either so I plan on restoring it anyway whenever I finish restoring my White 108H the current project.