• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 26, 2014 - 10:08 AM

looking for the extension flap on a # 1 or 1a cub cadet tiller, { the piece of flat sheet metal that smoothes the soil } also a pulley cover if you have a total junk tiller .  pm or email rsdehli@q.com

Edited by rdehli, February 26, 2014 - 10:09 AM.

#2 GlenPettit OFFLINE  

GlenPettit
  • Member No: 34353
  • 520 Thanks
  • 143 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 10:22 AM

I think you'll find every single one of those flaps totally bent up & damaged, if not missing on every available tiller.  But, they are not that had to remanufacture.  The "piano" hinge and sheet metal are very available from good hardwares or box stores like Home Depot.  Some people have replaced the sheet metal piece with 1/4" thick rubber (like farm belting, from TSC) bolted to the new hinge, it's much more forgiving when you reverse or catch a weed clump in the tines & flap by accident. 

It's a lot more work, but a "saw tooth" pattern on the bottom of the flap does an even better job of grading or smoothing out the soil, (with points about every 1.5 to 2").

Pulley covers will also be hard to find, again, consider making your own.

Edited by GlenPettit, February 26, 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#3 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 26, 2014 - 10:38 AM

I was having issues with the oval holes in the flaps, when I tried making one last fall. I am looking for a restoration project. Otherwise . I would use the old fashioned belt that would be cool on the back. Nothing like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Edited by rdehli, February 26, 2014 - 10:44 AM.

#4 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 26, 2014 - 11:39 AM

parts have been located thank you.   Wow that was fast.     took1 1/2 hours ,   hope the rest of my day goes this good . 

Edited by rdehli, February 26, 2014 - 11:40 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale