3 replies to this topic

#1 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  

Immersed in Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,221 Thanks
  • 1,751 posts

Posted February 25, 2014 - 03:48 PM

On some of the Jacobsens, like on my 66 800, there is bolts that go in the front of the hood to hold it down. On the later ones they just latched down. Does anyone hav a pair of the original hood bolts for sale? Kind of have a threaded part with a knob on  the end that sticks out.

Edited by VintageIronCollector, February 25, 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,630 Thanks
  • 39,004 posts

Posted February 25, 2014 - 06:13 PM

Might give a shout at our sponsors! Not sure what these bolts are supposed to look like.

#3 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,275 Thanks
  • 4,031 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 12:17 AM

I don't have any spare ones but I did buy a set of new old stock ones from Messics last year.

If you go to the Messics/New Holland site, got to the Parts search box (2nd one down on the left) When searching a Ford/Jacobsen part number always put JAC ahead of the part number, also don't use a space between the JAC and the number. It will look like this JAC343258

that is also the part number of the Knob (bolt for hood), they list it as $14.25 each with 0 in stock, I would call them for help, I did and the woman was very friendly and Helpful!!

People usually removed them as they made it a pain when you wanted to fuel up, you have to unscrew both of them every time, that is why they changed it to a latching type hood.

Good luck I hope you find what you need :thumbs:

• KennyP said thank you

#4 stiemmy OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,071 Thanks
  • 945 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 09:13 PM

These are called thumb screws, and can be purchased at Fastenal. Also saw em on Feebay too :)