Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Chief Hood Bolts

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VintageIronCollector OFFLINE  


    Immersed in Tractors

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 33118
  • 1,426 Thanks
  • 1,857 posts
  • Location: New Freedom, PA

Posted February 25, 2014 - 03:48 PM

On some of the Jacobsens, like on my 66 800, there is bolts that go in the front of the hood to hold it down. On the later ones they just latched down. Does anyone hav a pair of the original hood bolts for sale? Kind of have a threaded part with a knob on  the end that sticks out.

Edited by VintageIronCollector, February 25, 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  



  • Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,207 Thanks
  • 46,805 posts
  • Location: Collinsville, Oklahoma

Posted February 25, 2014 - 06:13 PM

Might give a shout at our sponsors! Not sure what these bolts are supposed to look like.

#3 chris m ONLINE  

chris m


  • Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,341 Thanks
  • 4,065 posts
  • Location: Charlestown,Rhode Island

Posted February 26, 2014 - 12:17 AM

I don't have any spare ones but I did buy a set of new old stock ones from Messics last year.




If you go to the Messics/New Holland site, got to the Parts search box (2nd one down on the left) When searching a Ford/Jacobsen part number always put JAC ahead of the part number, also don't use a space between the JAC and the number. It will look like this JAC343258


that is also the part number of the Knob (bolt for hood), they list it as $14.25 each with 0 in stock, I would call them for help, I did and the woman was very friendly and Helpful!!


People usually removed them as they made it a pain when you wanted to fuel up, you have to unscrew both of them every time, that is why they changed it to a latching type hood.


Good luck I hope you find what you need :thumbs:

  • KennyP said thank you

#4 stiemmy OFFLINE  

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 2,537 Thanks
  • 1,830 posts
  • Location: Freekin cold central WI

Posted February 28, 2014 - 09:13 PM

These are called thumb screws, and can be purchased at Fastenal. Also saw em on Feebay too :)