10 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce OFFLINE  

Bruce

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1517
  • 1 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 05:41 PM

Hey everyone. I was hoping someone could help me out with my Simplicity.
I have Simplicity 7016 I have done everything under the sun that I could think of I put new oil in the Hydrostatic new filter. It’s as full as I can get it. But it still will not move. I’m not sure what’s wrong. Both check valves are open. Anyone have any ideas for my thanks.

#2 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 06:22 PM

I guess its safe to assume that the belt from the BGB is turning the hydro unit.Have you had this tractor long or did you just get it.When you added oil did you let the air out by pulling up on the air bleed valve so that you were able to add 3 lts of oil.The other thing did you fill the filter with oil before installing the new filter.Just thought I'd ask first.Let us know a bit more info.Larry

#3 Bruce OFFLINE  

Bruce

• Contributor
  • 1 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 09:18 AM

I add oil to the filter before putting it on. I have had the tractor for a bit. I got it in a trade. The guy told me it was all good. But I guess it's my fault for not going over it first. I am going to try to more oil somehow today. I was told that it had to be full even if it looks full it may need more. But maybe it's not pumping. And if the pump is not working then I have no clue what do with it.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 09:45 AM

Here is an excerpt from the Compact Tractor Service Manual regarding Allis... I think that one of these units may be very similar to the one you're working on. Hope it helps.

CTSM pg 23-46 Allis - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums

#5 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 09:49 AM

Hi Bruce If both valves are up[the center 1/4" dia pins should be sticking up out of the top of the valves 1/4"} if there not then the tractor will not move.Now if the valves are sticking out and the shaft etc is being turned by the motor,the oil is full,the hydro lever is working then your going to have to dig deeper.It may not be as bad as what you think.On the same side as the poppet valves on the side of the hydro case about 2" lower then the valves is where your pump is.What you'll have to do is to pull the two bolts out remove the housing that the pump is in[carefully] and once you get it pulled off you'll beable to see the pump.The pump is actually driven by a small pin that goes through the shaft that drives the pump.This pin sometimes will shear and the pump won't turn.When you remove the pump be sure not to lose the pin as it can fall out without you noticeing it .Of course you can also check to see if there's any hyd pressure being generated before hand not sure if yours has hyralic lift.You'll need a hyd pressure gauge that you connect into one of the plugged ports just above the pump.Just some things you can do before digging in too deep.If you look in the manuals section if you haven't already done so you can upload a parts/service manual for a simplicity 7016H there the same tractor. Hope this gives you some idea's.Keep us posted on your finds.Larry

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted January 09, 2011 - 09:52 AM

I didn't see that one, Thanks Massey Driver!

7016H (hydro)Owner Manual - Manuals - Garden Tractor Talk - Forums

#7 Bruce OFFLINE  

Bruce

• Contributor
  • 1 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted January 10, 2011 - 08:50 PM

Thanks Massey Driver
I had a look and I see what your talking about I am going to give that a try. and Thanks to everyone else for helping me out.

#8 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted January 11, 2011 - 10:38 AM

Hey Bruce I added a service manual for the hydro in your simplicity in the manuals section under transmissions it should give you a better idea what you can do and check. Its under Service Manual Sunstrand Series 15 Hydrostatic used in Allis/Simplicity .When you get it figured out let us know what you find .Larry

#9 Bruce OFFLINE  

Bruce

• Contributor
  • 1 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted January 21, 2011 - 10:41 PM

Thanks again to everyone for helping me out. The other day I was thinking about what could be wrong with my Simplicity. Then it came to me. I should check the wiring.
I looked under the tractor and both wires for the safety switches are cut off and there are some wires I found taped up I never notice before. Some wires are even missing. I don’t even know how this Simplicity starts. Well I hope to have the wiring done this weekend. So I hope that’s the problem. I guess it's my fault that I never looked at this before. I guess you should never take someone else’s word that it’s a good running tractor.

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 22, 2011 - 06:06 AM

So you mean it won't start then ?

#11 Bruce OFFLINE  

Bruce

• Contributor
  • 1 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted January 22, 2011 - 07:24 AM

No it starts. That’s the only thing it will do. I just find it wired that it dose because of the wiring.