DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 09, 2014 - 09:14 PM

Oh......and I found out why the Bush Hogs and Elec-Trak look so good together. Looking at the key for the E12 I noticed the key and switch manufacturer is out of SELMA, AL.  What a coincidence!

Sometimes it's a small world. :thumbs:

• KennyP, sacsr and CharlesDes have said thanks

#47 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 09, 2014 - 09:39 PM

Well.... A couple of days ago my power switch stopped working. At least that's what I had figured since the power gauges were no longer working when the power switch was turned. Lucky for me, I have the extra E-12 as a parts tractor and it came to good use tonight. I took off the non working power switch and saw the problem immediately, the disc had broken off at the base and was loose on the shaft. Looks like an upgrade is due. Anyway put the other power switch in and she is working again! I plan on attending a small local tractor show and they all seem to be interested in the electric mower, especially when they see it running.image.jpg
  • DH1, Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks

#48 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 06:19 AM

I hope you get her up and running for the show Scott. Reading through here, since

the last time in this thread, it sounds like I've probably got a learning curve coming

my way too. Doug is coming up late this afternoon, to pick up some things I've rounded

up for him. Maybe I should grab some batteries, and get a hands on tutorial while he's here. :D

I've probably even got time to burnish the tips on my multimeter before he arrives.

• KennyP and sacsr have said thanks

#49 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted May 10, 2014 - 06:21 AM

I hope you get her up and running for the show Scott. Reading through here, since

the last time in this thread, it sounds like I've probably got a learning curve coming

my way too. Doug is coming up late this afternoon, to pick up some things I've rounded

up for him. Maybe I should grab some batteries, and get a hands on tutorial while he's here. :D

I've probably even got time to burnish the tips on my multimeter before he arrives.

Might be best to pick his brain while you can!

• IamSherwood said thank you

#50 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:03 AM

I wish Doug was close to me! I could use a tutorial myself! I guy came up to me at the show yesterday and said he had worked for a company by the GE tractor building and had made some packaging for them. He had GE tires on his tractor that they had given him. Small world.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399809807.688409.jpg
  • olcowhand, DH1, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#51 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:08 AM

That's a beautiful picture.

• sacsr said thank you

#52 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 07:59 AM

Good looking load headed for a show.
  • sacsr said thank you

#53 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 06:51 AM

Used the tractor to mow my grass this weekend. The deck off the other tractor had all three motors working so I put it on this tractor. This deck is made with 1/4 inch steel so it's heavy! I will eventually get the other lighter deck repaired and use it. Right now I am using the 3 12V batteries. I am able to do my front and back yard but it is struggling toward the end. Currently I am taking the wires off each battery and charging them slowly with a 2amp charge. But this is a cumbersome and long time job. Can I keep them all attached and trickle charge all of them at one time??? Just looking for some options.uny7anag.jpg

Edited by sacsr, May 27, 2014 - 04:27 PM.

• DH1 said thank you

#54 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 14, 2015 - 08:44 PM

I just revisited this thread and I got to say that's a good looking GE tractor.

Should be able to leave wires on the batteries and charge them as you say one at a time. ???

• sacsr said thank you

#55 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 12:46 PM

Correct, you should be able to leave them all together and trickle charge them, it will then spill over into the next battery, then the next, etc. 

• sacsr said thank you

#56 Mr Electrak OFFLINE  

Mr Electrak

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1249
  • 121 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 10:24 PM

Correct, you should be able to leave them all together and trickle charge them, it will then spill over into the next battery, then the next, etc. 

Actually....no.  He has a 12 volt charger. Gotta do them 1 at a time !  You could probably charge the 3 batts with the original 36 volt charger for a short while - maybe 2 hours - then finish them off 1 at a time with the 2 amp unit.

• DH1 said thank you

#57 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 15, 2015 - 10:48 PM

Actually....no.  He has a 12 volt charger. Gotta do them 1 at a time !  You could probably charge the 3 batts with the original 36 volt charger for a short while - maybe 2 hours - then finish them off 1 at a time with the 2 amp unit.

I agree, batteries are wired in series, 12 + 12 + 12 = 36volts.

#58 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 07:52 AM

I bought a pretty good charger with a desulfinator about 3 months ago. I charge one battery at a time and once they are all charged, I then keep it on each one individually for about 6 days at a time. The batteries seem to be holding a higher charge. Time will tell if what I am doing is working. I have no faith in the charger on the tractor. It maybe fine, but with my limited skills I am scared to mess it up by trying it. Thanks

#59 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted February 16, 2015 - 10:26 AM

Doh, sorry, I read that wrong.

What I meant was he could charge one battery, 12V, while the others were hooked up. Charge one, then the voltage would spill over into the next battery. Or is this thinking, incorrect? I understand that his 12V charger will not charge 36Vs all at once, but I thought with them hooked together, charging one at a time while they are connected, was ok?

Edited by Titus, February 16, 2015 - 07:00 PM.