• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 junkyardjeff OFFLINE  

junkyardjeff
  • Member No: 50084
  • 69 Thanks
  • 82 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 04:33 PM

I have a snow plow on one of my custom 10s but if my SS15 turns out to be a good tractor I want one for it,just waht are the differences between one for a custom and a suburban since I have never seen one up close.

• Sawdust said thank you

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 04:47 PM

Don't think diff?? Most sears had a slip in the front design. You remove the mower idler on it's slip in mount and then the blade slips in same spot. Had for many years that system. Later ones have much bigger linkage and lifts, not sure when that started though.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 05:03 PM

The custom series and the suburban series front attachments are different. Unless you plan on modifying the one for the custom, you will need to find one for a suburban.

Here is a pic of the Custom style front end. It has the 4 bolts and there are other attachment points on the tractor behind the front axel. It is a lighter duty front than your new SS15.
image.jpg

The front attachment for the Suburban is arguably much easier to use and also requires less attachment points for most implements. The main attachment is a slide in piece. The following picture is of a front weight, but it will be the same for a front blade.
image.jpg

#4 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,500 Thanks
  • 4,954 posts

Posted February 24, 2014 - 09:15 AM

Yea Jeff, MH81 pretty much summed it up, Subruban blades use a mule drive slide in attachment, cutoms are bolt ons. No custom front implements will work with a suburban.

I think there was a couple designs or version of the front blade, but they will all work, just upgrade type design changes 

#5 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 04:29 PM

Jeff I talked to Stan the guy I got my SS15 & snow blade from & he said he had another one. Hope you find one.

• MH81 said thank you