• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 06:41 PM

hey david a .i will post pics asap but not tonight as it started snowing and it's to dark to take pics but i have all of the parts to run my deck off and will gather them up and and take pics with a ruler to give you an idea of the size and shape including the accessory lift piece that goes on the lift arm . there are more things to this than you have been shown (don't get mad everyone that posted replies ) I just happen to have the missing link and can show it off ,well maybe i will just PM that pic to you  and let you guys guess what it looks like "everyone likes a mystery " so i will go and assemble the stuff so i can get it on camera and post it tommorrow or thursday . So welcome to gttalk and i will try to do this quick and with all pieces clearly shown :thumbs: 

#17 David A. OFFLINE  

David A.
  • Member No: 53935
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted March 25, 2014 - 07:49 PM

Bolex,

Thank you for the offer of photos, but finished putting all together couple of days ago.  Was about to post with a couple of photos but forgot my password.  Forced to recover that when got your e-mail.

My installation is not quite standard as I found my belt drive to mower in same plane as one to transmission.  Since I had added a jack shaft between motor and transmission when first got the incomplete pile of rusty parts and lacked info as to what was intended design, decided to leave it in place.  Belt drive down to mower is now closest to motor, so the standard idler arrangement could not be copied exactly but looks close.  Also, back then, tractor was also stretched by about 4" for more stability plowing garden uphill.

Couple of photos attached.

IMG_2910_1 Ready for Spring.JPG IMG_2911_1 Mower drive.JPG IMG_2914_1 Ready for Spring.JPG

Am going to try to get to a couple of shows this summer, might met you at one.

Thanks again.

David A.

#18 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 11:01 AM

Hi, just got back from OH and looking at many Speedex. Mike Hamper had many decks and mounts around and I tried to take a few pix of them.  These are decks with twisted belts. One belt was used on smaller S series and twins on the bigger he says.  The hangers are V-shaped and mount under frame to sides and have a big pivot pin to slide deck on and pin. Then the deck has a U-shaped mount with hole for pin and a rod running back, and is somehow the lift mechanism.  The later big S's have modified mount with a lever running thru them for the lift and then spring loaded dual pulleys hang off that for the tension to drive belt, mounted vertical. I hope my pix can give you some idea of the way it mounts when not on tractor.

Attached Thumbnails

• Hamper's Speedex collection 2014-04-16 001.jpg
  • Hamper's Speedex collection 2014-04-16 002.jpg
  • Hamper's Speedex collection 2014-04-16 003.jpg
  • Hamper's Speedex collection 2014-04-16 004.jpg
  • Hamper's Speedex collection 2014-04-16 005.jpg
  • Hamper's Speedex collection 2014-04-16 006.jpg
  • Hamper's Speedex collection 2014-04-16 015.jpg

• quickvic said thank you

#19 harrisfarmssc OFFLINE  

harrisfarmssc
  • Member No: 59227
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted June 22, 2014 - 11:49 AM

Not sure if anybody is still following this thread, but... I recently purchased an S23 with mowing deck.  Everything seems to be in tact and functional.  However, I am not sure how to disengage the mowing deck.  As soon as the tractor is started, the chain driven pulleys are engaged and the mower spins.  Can anybody help me out?  I can post any pictures needed.  Thanks!  

#20 quickvic OFFLINE  

quickvic
  • Member No: 63211
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted November 09, 2014 - 07:43 PM

hi newbie here, i just picked a s14 today with deck (not attached) and i also need help with linkage. just joined today and am finding all kinds of useful info here. i hope to help others as well.

#21 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted November 10, 2014 - 05:42 PM

Nice, more Speedex guys!  With speedex tractors and imps, might be day of week that they made up the models and how to mount stuff and such, ha!  Lot of them not the same stuff, even tho same models.  There is manuals for just Mower decks and mounting on the www.speedextractorinformation.org  site. Hope that is right, is at least close. Note that it is .org, not .com.  Can look and download manuals. Doesn't take long, they are usually pretty short in pages and not real clear on steps, yet  have parts blow-ups for most, which is best thing.  There are a few more Speedex sites, but little traffic. Try a google search for my addresses or look back thru this forum maybe.

Harrisfarm.... sounds like your deck doesn't raise/lower now? There should be a belt from engine down to deck with a stationary idler and one on arm with spring that will move tight or loose when deck is moved up/down? I've seen and had many where no pulleys were on it, and they just let belt tighten as it was lowered, not so neat. That makes for a one set height that way. There should be mechanisms to move that swivel pulley in/out to tension belt. Some are little tiny lever down by the frame at where the lift lever bends and goes into chassis. Then it has some compliated rod lifting parts and maybe a fulcrom casting in between those rods to rock it in and lock in place.  The deck probly goes on under front of frame with that same mount I show above in pictures. It swivels and lift I think was mounted on it for lift deck I"m thinking. Seems BOTH of those pulleys were movable, but can't recall for sure.  Hunt for those manuals and see what you can find first.