I can't believe it's been over a month since I posted anything, I hope I'm not boring everyone. I can't help to be a perfectionist. I realized today I missed a big spot under the tranny when I pressure washed. I could have ignored it but I couldn't so I had to hand scrub this area....too cold for PW.
I painted my brake disc then I marked with a scribe where the pads would touch & wire brushed the paint off so it wouldn't gum up the pads.
I had a hard time deciding whether to paint the aluminum parts black or not. It would have been easier but of coarse I chose the harder way. I masked off the aluminum parts so I could paint the pump. Since most of this GT is black I think the aluminum will look good bare.
If you remember I had mis matched wheels one with lugs & the other with the later version center bearing. thanks to GL I got some matching wheels. I mounted some new Carlisle 16 x 6.50 x 8 4 ply Turf Savers.
I had a lot of trouble with the hubs I got from GL trying to find out info on them. Everyone said MTD only had one version but these actually have car bearings. I bought the bearings not knowing they had no rubber seals. I contacted Timken & they said the seals were not available without buying them with the bearings. I took some 5/8" washers because they fit good inside the hubs. I drilled the hole to 3/4" to fit the spindles. I think with the washers & maybe a felt washer behind the metal washer will keep the dirt out. I saw a pack of the felt washers that go on top of battery posts & they look like a good fit....something to think about
I got a few parts on along with the frame, it sure feels good putting things back together finally.
Comments, questions, & suggestions are very welcomed & thanks for waiting so long with me.
Pic 6 of the hitch plate looks like it has a big rust spot in the middle but it doesn't just a reflection.
Edited by Sawdust, October 04, 2014 - 09:50 PM.