• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#211 VTXrider ONLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 09:14 AM

Your 990 looks good indeed and your photos are good as well. It has a bit of a military flavor.

The muffler is nice but I found it can get in the way as well as hot and noisy. It can strike branches while driving around trees.

• Sawdust said thank you

#212 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,949 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 11:10 AM

man Jim that turned out very nice!!!

• Sawdust said thank you

#213 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 18, 2016 - 01:28 PM

Good Stuff Jim I think it's awesome.  :thumbs:

• Sawdust said thank you

#214 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9923
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,230 posts

Posted March 20, 2016 - 09:18 PM

The colors look great. Gives me some inspiration on getting to mine. Your not all that far away, you wanna fix mine up haha. You should bring it down to the plowday in KY in 2 weeks. Nice work!!!

Eric
  • Sawdust said thank you

#215 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted March 21, 2016 - 02:42 AM

I recently bought a seat riser because I have heard about the seat touching the fenders with an after market seat. The seat I bought fit the riser perfect but was really high. I felt like I was in a convertible with my head above the windshield  :D  My knees were above the dash & the Hydro lever was really low to reach. After searching around I found out MTD had two different versions of seat springs the high one I had & the lower one that was around 4" lower than mine. I seen a few on eBay & contacted the seller to measure for me. I bought one from Joes Outdoor Power on eBay. Making this change is a lot better & more comfortable. I'm assuming the seat mounted directly on the higher spring on the version I have without using the riser ???

Here is my seat riser that I liked a lot & matched the seat mounting holes perfect.

attachicon.gifSeat bracket4.jpg

Here is the difference between the two. Mine is around 7 3/4" at the highest point & the lower one is 4 1/4" high.

attachicon.gifSeat spring1.jpgattachicon.gifSeat spring2.jpg

Finishing up soon & will be posting pics as soon as I get a couple more parts. Thanks for looking!

The low spring is off of a gear drive, 860, 960 etc.. , there are also different thickness of springs depending on year. The original hat sections that go under the seats are tapered and there is a front and rear to them to stand the seat high enough not to hit your fenders when sitting on them. most of them disappear with replacement seats

• Sawdust said thank you

#216 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 09:28 AM

Very nice work, Jim!! Thanks for the update and photos!

• Sawdust said thank you