23 replies to this topic

#16 robdog09 OFFLINE  

robdog09
  • Member No: 53898
  • 4 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 03:00 PM

last thing -- missed a post earlier.

Yea, the oil spells a little bit like gas. The dip stick as well as the hole where the dip stick goes into.

#17 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 03:54 PM

Make sure you still do not have gas in the oil.  If so change the oil again.  Sounds to me like you still have a carburetor problem.  Idle circuit is still gummed up. When You took it apart and cleaned it did you take the Welch plugs out and clean behind them?  You may need to get a kit for the carburetor so you can replace all the seals and Welch plugs. 

• trowel said thank you

#18 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 07:00 PM

... Its idle started to slow, and slow, and slow, eventually stopped. About 90 seconds of running on its own. If i shot some start fluid into the air filter, it hopped back up but then slowed again.

Sounds like a partially blocked fuel line.  The carb doesn't have enough gas to keep going.  The shot of go-juice just gives it something to burn.

• trowel said thank you

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 07:12 PM

Yep, the plastic float in those can not be adjusted, if i remember correctly the float needle should have a little spring on top, make sure it is not streached, happens sometimes when pulled from the seat.

The neoprene seat below the float needle could need a poke or two.

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner said thank you

#20 robdog09 OFFLINE  

robdog09
  • 4 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 01:10 PM

The carb has gas in it ... everytime i hook it back up, gas gets down to the float. Its either not getting up into intake or some other problem.

Edited by robdog09, March 03, 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#21 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 02:14 PM

Either you have a jet plugged or the idle circuit.  Disassemble the carburetor completely (pull jets, welch plugs, adjusting needles etc) then re-clean the carburetor making sure all passages are clear.  Try using shop air to shot through the passages, you also may need a dentist pick if the crud is solid.  You can use a wire from a wire brush to clear the jets.

#22 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted March 04, 2014 - 08:09 AM

The carb has gas in it ... everytime i hook it back up, gas gets down to the float. Its either not getting up into intake or some other problem.

There is a difference between having gas in the carb & have enough gas in the carb.  The engine can suck gas out of the carb faster than a blocked line can refill the bowel.  Between the time you shut it off & get the bowel off, some gas can seep into the bowel, leading you to think it was full.

#23 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted March 06, 2014 - 04:31 PM

Whatever ends up happening... DO NOT just toss the thing. The pumps on these cheaper PW's are basically disposable meaning that there a lots of pressure washers out there with junk pumps but good engines! I've got one of those good running engines myself and it has been sitting for two years waiting for deal like what you found on the side of the road!

#24 robdog09 OFFLINE  

robdog09
  • 4 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted September 29, 2014 - 04:22 PM

I put the power washer away for a few months, because it started ruining my free time on my wknds. Finally busted it back out a few weeks ago, took it apart, cleaned it, and right back where i started -- wont stay running.

I ended up buying a new carb assembly off Amazon for $50, put it in, and the thing started right up and stayed running no problem. Im convinced this was a pressure issue, and inability to suck the gas up from the carb. The carb always filled up, and when turned up side down, it would make it into the air flow. But when installed on the washer, right side up, it would never stay running.

Anyway, all fixed, and I salvaged it! Thanks for all your help.