41 replies to this topic

#1 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 10:30 AM

Im on a few forums. and theres a lot of helpful people out there. and im one to say. if anyone need help with anything I would be the first to help, I have sent people stuff for free. just to get there project done. Offered to do the work for them. I think that why guys join them. I was thinking that's why guys join them. I have been sick now for about 3 months, I run a machine shop where I work. well the project im working on is a brand new J2 engine block. Well I haven't been able to do the work myself yet, because of being sick.so I have asked guys on a forum to guide me in the right direction. But no one could help out at all. I cant even get anyone to machine the block for me. im just so fed up with the whole thing. I may just sell the lot and get into a new hobby. well im just venting. In March im having the big test and maybe that will be the end of this project. 

• rustyoldjunk, Alc, hamman and 5 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 10:39 AM

I don't belong to any pulling forums, but if I were qualified, I'd sure do the machining for you, but no way I am able to do it.  Hope you get feeling better asap.

• rustyoldjunk and Chris11 have said thanks

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:26 AM

Just hang in there and somewhere along the line someone will show up with the help you are looking for.

I have been a very impatient person all my life, but have come to the conclusion that waiting is often a better reward!

51iCml3oMhL.jpg

#4 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 11:37 AM

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Hope the test is in your favor Chris.   As KC9KAS said, Hang in there.      Good Luck.    Roger.

#5 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 12:13 PM

Hang in there Chris. I hope all goes well for you and that you get to feeling better very soon. I'm no machinist above sandpaper and angle grinders.

Edited by rustyoldjunk, February 22, 2014 - 12:15 PM.

• Chris11 said thank you

#6 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 22, 2014 - 12:16 PM

Sorry to hear you've been sick, I hope its not serious. Dang 3 months is a long time to be sick.  It sounds like you are smarter then the people you have asked help from and they don't think they can do as good a job as you.   My father was always helping people or doing things for free and would say, someday I may need help and he believed they would be there for him.  Well, he got sick and not one person stepped up to help him.  I thought, why did he not get mad at those a holes and then it hit me. He was a better person to help people in need and our make see's that. My dad could feel good about himself for helping and the others couldn't, truly deep in their hearts. Years latter I ran into some of the people he had helped and some said they felt bad that they hadn't help him when he need it. One guy my dads age cried and said he was so sorry and that my dad was a good man. I didn't know what to do but say its OK, maybe pass the help along to someone else. I'm sorry I'm preachin. I guess my point is you just be you and things should work out OK. Your a good man and nobody can take that away from you. I don't know where you live but if I did I couldn't help you if I tried. Hang in there Chris help maybe just around the corner.

• rustyoldjunk, Chris11, JDBrian and 3 others have said thanks

#7 lesmeister OFFLINE  

lesmeister
  • Member No: 30635
  • 185 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 12:59 PM

Chris, I hope you get to feeling better. I wish I had the knowledge and equipment to help, but I have not used machine shop equipment much at all. Hang in there, good things will come your way.

#8 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 01:28 PM

Hope you feel better chris. I'm not much help as far as with the alcohol engines. I know you have to set them up a little tighter but I know where your coming from. People that have been running those usually don't like to give their secrets away on how to set things up. In a sense im the same way with the diesels. I belong to a few diesel garden tractor pulling pages on facebook and at times it does get irritating because ive spent years researching with my dad and a few good friends of ours who pulls diesels with us. But you have these people that come on there and want to build a diesel puller but theyre too lazy to trial and error their own stuff so they want everyone to tell them exactly how to set it up. Weve all spent our times and a lot of money trying different things, then you have those people that know nothing and expect you to hand them all the information you've learned over the years. To me those people are the ones I frown upon. You can have the greatest engine builder build you a nice setup, but he cant be there to tell you how to set everything up because each sled and track are different.

• rustyoldjunk, Alc, Chris11 and 1 other said thanks

#9 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 03:28 PM

Chris, What do you want done ?  I have/use a machine shop by me

Edited by baerpath, February 22, 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#10 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 496 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 04:12 PM

I also have a machine shop that we use at work and have never had problems with.  Every time I'm there dropping off or picking something up there's always at least 1 engine in the back that they're building up for someone.  Hope you get better soon.      Stewart

#11 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 04:47 PM

Guys like you make this the best forum, You guys are the best. The problem with machining this engine project is theres no valve ports or guides holes anyone that knows what to machine this block has to have done one before its an after market engine block, And just getting an answers  from guys that have one wont help you out.  Thank you guys for your help I really mean it,

• olcowhand, rustyoldjunk, trowel and 1 other said thanks

#12 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 07:54 PM

Ask and ye shall receive.

Wishing you well.

#13 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 09:06 PM

Chris  I have a freind in Lake Ariel PA that builds engines for all NQS classes. I'll get ahold of Roger and see if we can get what you need.

• rustyoldjunk, Chris11 and trowel have said thanks

#14 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,626 Thanks
  • 944 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 12:06 AM

Chris  I have a freind in Lake Ariel PA that builds engines for all NQS classes. I'll get ahold of Roger and see if we can get what you need.

That would be very nice, its a j2 block, I really think the guys on this forum and the red one are the best.

• rustyoldjunk and trowel have said thanks

#15 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 07:01 AM

That would be very nice, its a j2 block, I really think the guys on this forum and the red one are the best.

You are bird in hand now, looking forwards.

• rustyoldjunk said thank you