19 replies to this topic

#1 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 12:53 PM

I am so mad right now I could seriously strangle someone.

First yesterday I find out they transferred my payroll here.  No big deal right?

I get a pay check for 115 dollars yesterday.  Because of how the pay periods are paid that was all I was I recieved.  I call am I getting my proper pay check on the 28th?  No no you have to wait to march 7th to receieve your check now.  So you are telling me you want me to wait 3 weeks to get a pay check?  3 weeks?  How would you like it if I told you that you had to wait 3 weeks to get your pay check that you were supposed to get on the 28th?  I argued and complained to about 15 different people till I finally gave up and called the owners son.  And got that fixed so I will get my a half a check on the 28th and a full check on the 7th.

Today my wife calls me from the Doctors office, our insurance is cancelled.  What is going on?  Call to find out they transfer my insurance down here.  I now have worse insurance, and my wife can't use it up there without it being out of network and costing me 40% of whatever the cost is of the appointment. 

These freaking guys didn't tell me or talk to me about ANY of this.  My blood pressure if off the chart right now.

I told my boss that if this isn't fixed I am walking and taking a job offer that is still available back home.  I bend over backwards, upset my entire life to help the company and this is how I get treated.  Screwed over twice in 2 days.  Yeah they gave me a large amount of money to do this, but son of a gun, I keep getting screwed over enough I'm not going to make a dime more!

• Texas Deere and Horse, hamman, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#2 JoeMopar OFFLINE  

JoeMopar
  • Member No: 52259
  • 470 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 01:04 PM

Sorry to hear of your problems. Sounds like they were very lax about all the small details that are very significant to the workers. Hope they do the right thing by you.

• boyscout862, oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#3 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 01:35 PM

Dang. Hopefully it will get worked out. Might want to call that other job and make sure it is still available first.

• boyscout862, oldedeeres, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 01:42 PM

It sounds like the detail guy was off the day they told you all the little things. The paycheck thing never should have happened with direct deposit. If they needed to offset a week, they could've done it at their in convince, not yours.

Medical is a big reason I have stayed put over the years, it is still good enough for retention... But we will see as the new laws take effect and whatnot.
  • boyscout862 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#5 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 02:07 PM

Man that just sucks. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with ACA and it's just a glitch in their internal system. As for your paycheck I don't understand how they could of skipped anything if you are still with the same company. Your pay should of just continued on only at a higher rate than previously. I know how missing a pay can be. I also know how rough it can be on the medical insurance can be. Hopefully it all gets straightened out soon.  Good luck, just don't give up.     Roger.

• boyscout862, oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#6 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'm surprised there isnt more "venting" on the AHCA.  Because of working for a corp that is in multiple states it seems we had to change to a one provider for the corp set up away from several local providers,,, I had full pay, no deductible, reasonable co pay,, now for More money I get the benefit  of  80/20, higher deductibles, higher copays, and barely a handful of providers in the area.  Then to boot because I have an employer that provides a plan I can go out and get what I want but I am not eligable for the same cuts on cost as a person who work for an outfit who doesnt offer a plan.

• hamman, boyscout862, toomanytoys84 and 1 other said thanks

#7 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 21, 2014 - 02:52 PM

I'm sorry to of your problems at your job. (delay in pay and medical) I sure with time things will get smoothed out. Maybe you should take a little time to think things over before you decide you next course of action. A good nights sleep does wonders.I know people can say things to try to help but you are there in the moment. Things should get better with time and you can adapt.  Hang tight  

• hamman, boyscout862, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#8 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,640 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 03:40 PM

Sorry to hear about your pay and medical insurance problems,been there and still there.It can be like talking to a rock about company policy and issures except a rock is smarter then the smuck your talking to.hope it gets better soon.
But your doing the right thing by getting it off your chest,helps to lower the stress level--we all know stress can kill ya.

And please no one get me started on that AHCA thing.

#9 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 05:33 PM

I feel better. The guys at the mine got to see me explode twice in a week. I am by nature calm but this health insurance thing affects my family not me. I kicked a chair across the room and called the hr guy a few not so nice words.

I had health plan. Now I have blue cross blue shield ppo plus. 100% coverage with no deductible or co pays. Same.as I had before. But the in and out of network may be a problem. And if my wife's baby doctor is out of network it will cost me 20% of the total cost of the birth instead of nothing.

The pay issue comes from bi weekly to by monthly. I will get 2 pay checks on the 7th and that will catch me up. After my complaining I got it split up

What made me explode is the fact that none of this was told to me it was all suprise!

Edited by toomanytoys84, February 21, 2014 - 05:35 PM.

#10 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 05:41 PM

Also instead of making a new thread....

It's 55 and sunny. Got home at 430. Home home...I got the rancher 420 out of the garage got little girl and we did so many laps around the yard we racked up 3.2 miles on the odometer!

That is good therapy
  • DougT, MH81, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#11 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 09:34 PM

First yesterday I find out they transferred my payroll here.

Call to find out they transfer my insurance down here.

.....and my wife can't use it up there

Where is here and where is there?

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#12 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 03:19 AM

I'm glad you got the payroll straightened out so quickly--- medical should follow suit since they seem to have realised that you weren't informed and they are at fault. Hang in there.
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#13 trowel ONLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 03:37 AM

Sounds all too A typical now, at least you got it figured out thank god, some people are still fighting it.

This heath care issue has pushed many families into destitute, by our own goverment no less.

Best of luck.

• toomanytoys84 and Bill 76 have said thanks

#14 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,640 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 04:38 AM

First yesterday I find out they transferred my payroll here.
Call to find out they transfer my insurance down here.
.....and my wife can't use it up there

Where is here and where is there?

You can't get there from here----Just ask the human resorce person,ya the person that don't know their elbow from their--------
  • trowel, EricR and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#15 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,240 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 10:20 AM

Ohio to west Virginia. Granted where we live in ohio to wv is like 20 miles. I am stationed 120 miles from home. Any the mine I've been working at is only 82.miles from home. I drove home last night in am hour and 1 minutes.

They have the company broke up into like 40 subsidiary companies and 3 divisions. West Midwest and eastern. It's all confusing now.

It may all be fine. But I am really angry that I wasn't told any of this and yesterday my frustration probably out weighed my critical thinking skills
  • oldedeeres said thank you