Taillight Wiring

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thadscub OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1913
  • 69 Thanks
  • 78 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 01:58 AM

hi guys i am in the process of tidying up my taillight wiring on a cub cadet 122 no where to hold the wire what should i do

thanks thad

• A.C.T. and Bill 76 have said thanks

#2 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,628 Thanks
  • 1,043 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 03:14 AM

There is a stick on tab that you can slide a wire tie through to secure your wiring.I have used them with some success,make sure you clean the surface good.

I don't recall what their called but the ones I used are about a inch square made out of some kind of plastic,the surface must be flat where you stick em.

I think I got them at NAPA ,A good hardware should have them,you can get them on line also.

You might want to put your wires in some split loom to protect them and keep em bundled together.

Adle clamps work great-----But you have to drill holes to bolt them on-------And some day you may regret drilling them holes in your GT

• Member No: 10038
  • 4,672 Thanks
  • 4,222 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 05:14 AM

They look like this...

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 06:06 AM

They look like this...

Those will work but they need to be the ones that are designed for outdoor use. If you get them at Napa or another auto parts place they should work well. If it's out of sight you could also add some hot melt glue around the edges to help keep it on there.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,669 Thanks
  • 28,318 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 07:48 AM

I have used copper tubing a couple of times on stuff. It's easy to bend into a shape that suits and you can run it until you find a place you can attach it with holders under a bolt at both ends. Don't know how that would work on a cub but its a thought.
  • JoeMopar said thank you