Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Allis Chalmers B-112 Rear Counterweight And Attachments Wanted

allis chalmers b112 b112 b112 counterweight b112 stinger counterweight stinger counterweight

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ACB112Guy OFFLINE  

ACB112Guy
  • Member No: 53752
  • 39 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 08:12 PM

Hi Everyone. I have a 1968 Allis Chalmers B-112. I am in the process of restoring this tractor, however it is in use now and runs great. Has saved my but this year with the 3 feet of snow we just got here in NY over the last week. I am looking for a list of things i will post here. If anyone has these items please contact me and we can make arrangements to buy them. I will remove items as I get them so if its listen on here I still want it. I have been able to stay with all original parts and implements so far and wish to continue to do so. 

I understand that some of these are not specific to the B112 so when i say B112 in the list I just mean B-series part. 

Wanted:

-B112 rear 'stinger' counterweight and donuts

-B112 original lights and mounting brackets

-Sweepster Attachment

-post hole digger

-42" Rotary Snowblower LIFT ROD

-hood "thumb screws"

-B112 Hydraulic Unit and all needed associated parts

-any b-series attachments

Thanks for your time. 

will have updated better pics soon. pretty much restored whole tractor now mechanically. shes blowing massive amounts of snow 30 feet or more at times! awesome tractor. new paint and decals this spring. 

2.jpg

• hamman, boyscout862 and petrj6 have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 08:24 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! Nice lookin' AC you have there!

• ACB112Guy said thank you

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,770 Thanks
  • 7,537 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 06:28 AM

Welcome to GTT. Nice tractor. Relax and enjoy the site. Keep an eye on Craigslist for the attachments too. Good Luck, Rick

#4 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 07:58 AM

Welcome to GT Talk, that is a nice Allis you got there, they sure do throw that snow, solid workers.

Some of the members may have some of the parts you need.

#5 ACB112Guy OFFLINE  

ACB112Guy
  • 39 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 08:46 AM

Thanks guys! looking forward to this forum and meeting more of you guys. Not too many people near me into Old Garden Tractors, so this surely is a great place and resource i found.  Thanks again. 

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 01:34 PM

Welcome to GTtalk, There are quite a few members up in that area. I was just up there last week in Lee, MA. working. Check out our Members Map and you will see where most everyone is located at.

#7 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 03:00 PM

Nice!! I have one just like it,  On e-bay rite now is a complete 112 parted out.  the lights are there but they are in rough shape.  I do not have any original parts I am willing to part with but I do have some 1" thick steel burnouts that fit just inside the rim, they set on the beadlock surface, probably 40lbs each.  I would sell a set for $40 drilled to fit.  they don't look like much but they get the job done.

#8 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 03:04 PM

One other thing, The snowblower  that I have uses a chain to lift, I don't think they have a lift rod. I could be wrong.

#9 ACB112Guy OFFLINE  

ACB112Guy
  • 39 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 04:10 PM

I rigged it up with some heavy duty cable which works great. from my research which could be wrong since im a beginner is that there is a lift rod. but im only going by one of the parts diagrams for the 42" rotary snow blower. 

I have a 1" pipe with some tractor weights setup, appreciate the offer. I just want the original. I missed it (stinger oem counterweight) on ebay earlier this week by $1 dollar. i should have bid higher. i learned my lesson. 

I think I saw those lights petrrj6, they are a little rough. I was thinking about it, but im hoping to find something slightly nicer if possible. I may buy a two b112 tractor deal i found which has one hb112 so i can get the hydraulics and one manual lift b112. comes with two decks, plow, and the tiller. talked the guy down to 450 for all which is a heck of deal i think, but i have to find a way to get them. its about 400 mile round trip for me and the only truck i have access to wont cut it. might rent a truck. 

• petrj6 said thank you

#10 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 05:04 PM

the lights can get very expensive, I got a killer deal on a set in real nice shape for $80 plus ship over the summer.  I have seen them go for over $150.  As for the lift bar I only know what is on my tractor, been that way since I bought it, I can see how it would be very easy to bend the bar when blowing snow,  $450 for two tractors sounds like a good deal, if you get them I would be interested in one of the 48" deck's.

FYI  I just want to give a bit of advice about the hydraulic lift, I have one on my b112 and tried to use it in the spring for tilling, the lift has no rapid float, it will float but it does so very slowly only as fast as the fluid can be forced thru the pump. so when you are blowing or tilling and the hitch needs to go up or down rapidly things will bend, I am rebuilding the variable speed drive on my 112 and have to take the rear lift bar out of it to straighten it. 

#11 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• Member No: 1581
  • 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi ACB112Guy,

I am in NY also, My B112 has gotten quite the workout this winter as well. I picked mine up over the summer for 350.00 with 48" deck and 42" blower. It had new rubber and rebuilt starter/generator. I need the left side plate for mine. Here is a pict.

B112.jpg

• petrj6 and ACB112Guy have said thanks

#12 ACB112Guy OFFLINE  

ACB112Guy
  • 39 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 10:25 AM

Steve B, nice to meet you.  I think the side panel you need is on ebay. I will have to look again. is that the simplicity blower?  I see you have a lift rod on that one so just wondering if you know more about the blower. looks exactly like my ac 42" rotary blower, except im trying to figure out if im missing the lift rod or if it infact does use a chain/cable lift. I really think its a lift rod as you have there. but my cable is working quite nicely. 

Edited by ACB112Guy, February 22, 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#13 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 08:38 PM

If i remember correctly yours uses the lift rod.

Your Allis snow thrower is built by Simplicity, it was rebranded Allis.

For your tractor :

http://www.google.co...6kJY0ew&cad=rja

Snow thrower :

http://www.google.co...RPq1r_A&cad=rja

Hope this helps.

Edited by trowel, February 22, 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#14 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• Member No: 1581
  • 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 08:57 PM

Hi ACB,

Yes my blower is a Simplicity, It is the same as the Allis. It does use a lift rod. The rod is 25.5" long. It is bent to a J hook on the top end and the bottom is threaded for about 1.5". It has a clevis on the bottom to attach to the plow. The rod is 5/8" in diameter. I can send close up photos if you need them. Watch out for the Ice Tomorrow!

Steve

#15 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 09:15 AM

ICE!!!!!! I guess so, out by the barn it is a skating rink.  Darn near got killed just trying to put firewood in.  I will try to get pics later, the temp is supposed to hit mid 40's today so hopefully the ice will go away

Edited by petrj6, February 23, 2014 - 09:15 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: allis chalmers b112, b112, b112 counterweight, b112 stinger counterweight, stinger counterweight