As some of you may know, my brother (Farmerall) has several bolens, mostly 1050's. Since my AC B110 broke the last time I plowed with it, I had to find something else to plow with. We only have plows for four of our tractors. My AC B110, Farmall cub, Sears Suburban 12, and one plow for his three good 1050's. My B110 is having transmission issues so it is out of commission, my cub is having fuel leaking issues so I cant use it either (and the plow is buried in the shed under other stuff), my suburban has charging and fuel issues, and is blocked in. So I was forced to get one of my brother tractors running.
My first attempt was his one with the plow already on it, I put the charger on it and let it sit for a while. I came back, tried to start it and the starter would only make a loud humming noise and not even attempt to turn the engine, I gave up on it. I moved to the one that sits next to the shed (we are running out of room), put the charger on it and let it sit. Came back a little while later and couldn't get it to turn fast enough to fire. Last but not least, I went to his "good" 1050, his favorite one with full weights, ag's and the hydro lift. First I needed to get a belt for the lift, he had a "link belt" what I call it, you can put pieces in and take pieces out to make it what ever size you need. I got that sized up and put on and then went to work to get it started up. I managed to get my B110 over to the canvas carport that his good one calls home. I got it started up and hooked up to jump the tractor and it ran out of gas. I ended up having to pull the truck over and use it to get it going. The jumper cables were just long enough to reach and get it going. I moved the truck back and proceeded to take the plow off of the other 1050. I got the main part of my driveway plowed and was almost done with my neighbors driveway when I ran out of gas. I had to go get gas, came back and the battery was too week to start it again. So I had to go try to find the pull rope that was somewhere in the shed (I found it mostly frozen in roughly two inches of ice on the floor). I made a new one, went back to the tractor (one of the nice things about it is that my brother put a second pulley on the front incase the battery was weak) and got it started again. I finished their driveway and almost all of the parking area at the end of our driveway when the driveshaft coupler back by the transmission broke apart. So, until tomorrow when I can find one of his spare couplers and replace it, the tractor has to sit covered with a tarp on the side of the driveway.
I forgot to take pictures so I will take some tomorrow when I am fixing it.