Keosauqua Iowa

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grumpy OFFLINE  

• Member No: 440
  • 641 Thanks
  • 576 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 05:40 PM

Are their members from Keosauqua IA, and are there any shows this summer ? If not , how is the fishing?

Edited by Grumpy, February 16, 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#2 Gtractor OFFLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,384 Thanks
  • 3,807 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 06:11 PM

Member "KenM" is real close to Keosauqua.  I was going to suggest a PM to him but I just checked his profile, doesn't look like he has been on for quite some time. 

Of course there is Old Threshers @ Mt. Pleasant on Labor Day weekend every year.  

The little town of Denmark, IA has a show.   I have heard good things about Denmarks show but have not been myself.  I believe it is in June.  I drive to the little town of Houghton, IA [close] often making deliveries but for me to haul to a show in that area is 3 hours each way. 

Exline, IA has a show every year on July 4th.  That show is mostly flywheel engines [100+/-] and motorcycles.  You likely won't see any garden tractors there.

Hamilton, IL is also realitively close to Keosauqua.  Hamilton has a large show and would be worth the drive if you can time it right.

• Grumpy said thank you

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 06:21 PM

That is 116 mile SE of me and I rarely get that far. I do know it is just south of the Des Moines River not far from Bonaparte.
I know that a lot of people go to Bonaparte in April to snag Paddlefish. Always wanted to try that but never have.

I see there is a nice state park down there and can not report on the fishing but most state parks are fair to good.
  • Grumpy and Gtractor have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: show