caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 08:24 AM

Maybe we crashed the site with all of our interest LOL! Now when I try to go there it say "FORBIDDEN"!?

#17 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 08:46 AM

Maybe we crashed the site with all of our interest LOL! Now when I try to go there it say "FORBIDDEN"!?

Yes,that's what I got this morning too.

#18 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 11:48 AM

Here you go... a site with plans to build a garden tractor. Why, one of them only cost $60 to build!

Vintage Tractor Plans

Hey Guys, I can't get his site to open. It gives me a message that I don't have premission.

Thanks, Brian

#19 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 12:00 PM

Ditto

#20 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 12:08 PM

Me too!

#21 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 07:37 PM

I couldn't get on the vintage tractor site last night but it just worked for me now. Cool looking little tractors.

Edited by tractormike, January 07, 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#22 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 08:32 PM

I was also able to get on it tonight.

#23 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 07:36 PM

Most of the plans were going back into depression era it seems... The sites only gets three people a month looking at it, y'all scared it to death!

#24 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hey guys, here's a thought, This site has people with the knowledge, expertise, and gumption, to develop two or three plans for a general purpose tractor. Transmissions and rear ends are readily available at junk dealers and salvage yards, andusually with a frame. You could go with a belt drive hydrostat for one model, and a belt drive 5,6,8 speed for the other. I say belt drive, so the builder could use any engine he could come up with. Steering could be either the unit that was on the frame or something you could make up out of salvage parts. Wheels and tires would be easy to get at any salvage yard, you would not have the hassle of narrowing a volkswagen trans, and jury rigging wheels and a drive/clutch system. You could make some suggestions as to how to build hood, fenders, guards. Even have best looking homebuilt polls. Hydraulics, electric lifts, etc could be added. Of course, you might be opening yourselves up legal liabilities etc, So might want to get opinions first.

I thought about this while reading plans for old home builts, and realized this would be done a lot easier using a little more state of the art. I set about re doing a HEALD HAULER for the wife and I to run around the area, and half way through the rebuild, I got to wondering why I was spending over 300.00 to rebuild a rear axle when I could buy a new transaxle from Surplus Center for about the same price. Complete with brakes, hubs, spring mounts and all.

Just my thoughts and an opinion or two

Regards, George

#25 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 15, 2011 - 11:16 PM

George, you defiitely have the right idea. I think we can make up a bunch of plans and refine them and then include a disclaimer is all of them "Not responsible for accidents or other from the use of these plans." But you are right, modern day builds require modern day parts.

#26 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted January 16, 2011 - 09:57 AM

Most of the plans were going back into depression era it seems... The sites only gets three people a month looking at it, y'all scared it to death!

I must be one of those three... started looking at this site over a year ago!

#27 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 16, 2011 - 07:41 PM

I must be one of those three... started looking at this site over a year ago!

Well there's two.... I wonder who the last person is? I came across the site a couple years back, it's pretty cool, Eh?

#28 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 10:14 AM

Just posting here to bump topic back up, because I think it has real possibilities. With all the surplus, and salvage material available, I think there are some real possibilities, not only for GTs but for general purpose, side by sides, etc. I have bought an EZGO XI500 utility vehicle that was originaly electric, and want to put a GT transaxle and hyro with 2 cyl eng in it. I think it will make a nice machine for the wife and I to cruise down to the lake and around the hills.

OK, will leave it here and see what happens. Might want move over to to another place, to include all other vehicles.

Regards, George

#29 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 11:16 AM

Just posting here to bump topic back up, because I think it has real possibilities. With all the surplus, and salvage material available, I think there are some real possibilities, not only for GTs but for general purpose, side by sides, etc. I have bought an EZGO XI500 utility vehicle that was originaly electric, and want to put a GT transaxle and hyro with 2 cyl eng in it. I think it will make a nice machine for the wife and I to cruise down to the lake and around the hills.

OK, will leave it here and see what happens. Might want move over to to another place, to include all other vehicles.

Regards, George

Does that electric side by side still have the motor and controller in it or were those scarfed already? If you still have them I'd be interested in them.

#30 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,634 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted January 19, 2011 - 12:15 PM

Buzz, Don't tell us your Prius broke down? :bigrofl: