• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 11:45 AM

Just got the deck back under the Kubota & ready to mow. Grass is wet from raining last night & this morning, so no using it today.
  • Antoniofuse said thank you

#47 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted September 08, 2012 - 12:56 PM

Daniel just as an update, My Son in-law just picked up a G4200 from his place of employment. They held a silent auction and he got it for a very reasonable price. Fuel in it was 5 years old and it started right up. :thumbs:
  • jmitchl said thank you

#48 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Got my G4200 out to jog it a bit, and to ready it for sale.  Since buying & repairing the JD430, this one just isn't gonna see much if any use.  I may already have a buyer, so just going over it.  The starter solenoid has been iffy since day one, but hit the key 3 or 4 times & she'll kick on off fine.  But when selling, you want things right, at least I do.  So I took off the solenoid for a close look.  Many times I can peel back the tin & get inside to clean the contacts.  But this one has busted bakelite, so I just ordered a new one off ebay.  For just shy of $30 delivered, it's not worth trying to repair.

Gonna hate to see her go, and I always said diesel never leaves here, but bills to pay & short on room.  Never quit on me except one time when fuel filter was clogged and was an easy fix.

DSC00021.JPG DSC00022.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse and Cvans have said thanks

#49 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 01:17 PM

Fine looking machine!! I sure wish my kubota was hydro... What are you asking for it if the current buyer doesn't take it?

#50 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 01:48 PM

I always said diesel never leaves here

I know what you mean but after awhile something has to give. I'm down to one G4200 here and before fall I plan to install a larger diesel so it can handle the 48" snow blower. 

Yours is a nice looking tractor and knowing you it will be in fine order when the new owner picks it up. 

Aren't those rocking chairs in the background comfortable? We have some and I love setting in them.

Edited by Cvans, April 04, 2013 - 01:50 PM.

• jhn9840 said thank you

#51 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Fine looking machine!! I sure wish my kubota was hydro... What are you asking for it if the current buyer doesn't take it?

I've not had time to finish things on it yet, but if he takes it, the price is an even $1,000.  It runs great and the only things I've done in the 3 or so years I've owned it is replace the fuel filter, refresh the underside of the deck last year, and this starter solenoid.  Oh, and a new deck belt last Fall also.  Just to be cautious, when I had the deck out, I checked the gear case on the deck, and it's in super shape as well as the spindles/blades.  

• twostep said thank you

#52 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted April 04, 2013 - 02:08 PM

I know what you mean but after awhile something has to give. I'm down to one G4200 here and before fall I plan to install a larger diesel so it can handle the 48" snow blower. 

Yours is a nice looking tractor and knowing you it will be in fine order when the new owner picks it up. 

Aren't those rocking chairs in the background comfortable? We have some and I love setting in them.

LOVE those chairs!  Got them last summer, and soon as I can get to it, I'm laying patio paver blocks where the pool used to be, then the chairs & table have a new home.

• Cvans said thank you

#53 bro2465 OFFLINE  

bro2465
  • Member No: 71070
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 10:30 AM

I have a kubota hst g4200 mower and was wander ing if someone could tell me the size belt it takes and where I could get one. Thanks for any help

#54 jmitchl OFFLINE  

jmitchl
  • Member No: 34169
  • 22 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 08:25 PM

bro2465, which belt are you asking about?

Jim

• Cvans said thank you

#55 drifter OFFLINE  

drifter
  • Member No: 78415
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 04:39 PM

i have a g4200 i can't keep pto belts on for more than 8 hours before they are shreded any ideas on how to fix    i notice the pto pulley is loose is this normal if not how do i tighten this up

#56 mrmr56 OFFLINE  

mrmr56
  • Member No: 62092
  • 202 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 06:03 PM

drifter, are you using the Kubota belts or aftermarket belts? The oe belts are expensive but they will hold up on it.

#57 drifter OFFLINE  

drifter
  • Member No: 78415
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted December 05, 2015 - 10:23 PM

original kubota belts matched set

#58 kwfiggatt OFFLINE  

kwfiggatt

• Member No: 4448
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 04:06 PM

i have a g4200 i can't keep pto belts on for more than 8 hours before they are shreded any ideas on how to fix    i notice the pto pulley is loose is this normal if not how do i tighten this up

If you're talking about the bottom pulleys being loose on the spline shaft, this is caused by the splines wearing between the hub that the pulleys bolt to and the shaft.  Kubota makes an updated assembly that includes the shaft and hub, p/n 66021-82500, about $170 from Messick's, to fix this - I think that they've increased the spline engagement length to prevent this from happening again. 

On mine, I welded the hub to the shaft.  I thought that when it comes time to replace bearings, seals, etc., I'll have to cut the shaft, as it has to be replaced anyway.  So far (2-3 years), it has held up.  I keep the lower shaft greased and haven't had any bearings fail yet.

I, too, have issues with the PTO belts.  I think that belt arrangement isn't designed correctly - that the pulleys are too small diameter for B section belts.  I've found that a banded, cogged v-belt helps keep the belts alive a bit longer.  Here's the one that I've used --> http://www.vbelts4le...yword=A-BX31/02  Note, this single belt replaces both V-belts.  The banded belt is actually 2 v-belts joined together.  I can get about a whole summer out of one of these banded sets.  I had to replace the individual v-belts at least twice a summer previously.

Make sure that your tensioner pulley is in good shape, along with the shaft that it pivots on, as slop in this assembly doesn't help anything.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

#59 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,478 Thanks
  • 5,010 posts

Posted February 15, 2016 - 06:47 PM

I had to replace the individual v-belts at least twice a summer previously.

My G4200 is now powered by a 21hp 3 cylinder Kubota engine. I'm running two B belts on the PTO to drive a 4 ft blower. Haven't had any problems yet and it's working that engine pretty good when the snow is packed.  Don't recall any problems on the other two G4200's either.  

You've done a good job of bringing up possible causes. Are the belts shredding or getting hot and glazed?

#60 kwfiggatt OFFLINE  

kwfiggatt

• Member No: 4448
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted February 19, 2016 - 05:02 PM

The belts I've used are essentially shredding.  If I use Kevlar cord, wrapped belts, the belts will develop cracks at the small portion of the V, which I believe is due to the belt being bent backward by the backside idler.  I've used the cogged, BX belts, which will eventually shed teeth and fail.  The same goes for the banded belt that I used.  The teeth eventually were ripped off and the belt failed. 

I'm currently working on putting a D662 in the mower, which has been pretty easy.  Most everything bolted right up.  I used the same engine mounts from the Z430, had to mod the fan shroud and throttle and shutoff rods, along with moving the radiator back and shortening the driveshaft, but it's been pretty straight forward. 

I've also got a plan for changing the V-belt pto setup to a 8mm HTD belt and an air operated clutch.  I found the clutch on ebay for a pretty good price and currently have the pulleys that I need, but have to make a stub shaft that bolts to the flywheel and machine the pulleys to fit.  The clutch should be able to handle ~100 lb-ft, and the belt drive should be good for ~80-90 HP, so I think that ought to fix the v-belt failures..  hehehe

Kevin